1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman: McGrady won't play against Pistons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 14, 2009.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, all-star bigs win in today's league.

2. worzel gummidge

I hope you never get pulled over by a cop :)

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I guess Tmac era is completely over...

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

But isn't what they are doing with McGrady potentially also cutting into ticket sales? I just can't agree that people outside of mgmt deserve to know what cards the Rockets are holding going into the trade deadline.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

No...

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

After he finishes playing in the NBA All Star Game on Valentine's day, February 14, 2010, perhaps then it will be over.

7. Castro

Castro Member

Nah. All star bigs are now part of the formula, but the most important part is the all star guard imo.

Duncan is the only one you can make the case for but Ginobili and Parker were owning dudes in their finals appearances.

Yao is not going to win anything without at least 2 more all star guards.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How does playing him hurt his trade value? If they could have traded him it would have been done. Apparently they can't trade him so let him play maybe he plays well and then someone might trade for him.

What did the marbury situation get for the knicks. They are still a crappy team and got nothing for him.

This team as it is isn't going anywhere so we need to get another piece.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

This is annoying from a fan perspective. I pay to go watch the best players and big names in the NBA. Give me atleast freakin time table to when he is coming back so i can buy tickets to go watch a guy like Tracy McGrady play. Without fans the NBA would be nothing. Rick Adelman needs to stop beating around the bush and tell us if McGrady will every play again in a Rockets uniform or a projected time table for when he is coming back. The man has been practicing for 2-3 weeks now. You can tell within that time if hes atlease almost ready to come back.

10. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

Yep :cool:

11. worzel gummidge

Doesn't the best lineup/team trump the individual? Isn't this what Adelman ha been doing all along? He's putting the best team on the court to win.

2 people like this.
  12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Maybe, the rockets is forcing Tmac to buyout his contract, just like that the knicks did it to Marbury last year.

13. 1individual

1individual Member

They're driving me insane. Just say he won't play again in Houston and will be traded, or give a date. Unprofessional on their part. And T-Mac has more fans than Budinger, so don't start it.

14. ACL1

ACL1 Member

IMHO Adelman is being a total Douche .

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not if the individual is McGrady and folks like him root for him over Houston Rockets.

I like your signature and I think it applies to a bunch of new members registered in 2009.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I picked up C-Bud for my fantasy team for tomorrow. I'm giving him a one day contract. Hopefully he proves himself worthy of it!

17. Castro

Castro Member

I agree but the Marbury situation is just not even comparable. Everyone knew Marbury was garbage anyway. T-Mac is an elite player, getting him and his bird rights after seeing that he is healthy will be very attractive to teams.

But, why would anyone take a chance when they can't even see where he is at? All he is as of now is unknown health and a large expiring contract. PLAY him and give teams interest in acquiring him b4 the deadline and having a chance to resign him.

18. Hball

Hball Member

I still don't believe that's best unless were rebuilding, but were not because we still have battier, scola and yao coming back next year all players around 30,

For rockets to be a title contender Rockets are missing that one piece a star wing player, and we can't afford wade lebron etc ariza is not it, so our best option would be resigning mcgrady.

19. Notorious_Flava

not trying to be harsh man, but you're whole DD thing at the end of every post is kind of pissing me off.... we get it you like to talk

Notorious_Flava

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

However, 2010 is a big free agrent year. Although Tmac could be a much better player than Marbury, Tmac's expiring contract is bigger than Tmac himself.