1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Video] Mac's contract will make it tough to move him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. number22

number22 Member

It was the case, go look up the thread with video of team doctors saying so. Tracy had articular cartilage damage, which was found in mri taken afrter 07/08 season. Articular cartilage damage is different from menisci cartilage damage which is usually referred to when talking about cartilage damage of the knee.

Mensici cartilage damage surgical optioins are arthocsopic or full surgery.
    Articular cartilage damage surgical options include arthoscopic but is usually recommend with microfracture. see amare, kenyon martin.
    They knew. They decided to go with a conservative approach which according to jones and clanton was a mutual decision between tracy and rockets.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Could a heavily discounted, re-signed, Jermaine be a reliable back-up Center next year??? Hmmmm

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At the very least he would be playing a lot THIS year to get his own new contract.

I think a TMac for J. O'neal deal might benefit everyone.

DD

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Does anyone know J. O'neal's contract???

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I think it would be a interesting scenerio for Miami. If they traded for T-Mac, and he actually had some stuff left in the tank, along with a resigned Wade, and another free agent coop(Bosh or Boozer), then they could make some noise in the East and be quite similar to Boston and Orlando with a wealth of firepower.

7. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

I agree with you 100%. If they are truly marburying him I will definitely hate this organization and will disown my team and cheer for my fiance's team instead.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

It is good for us to get O'neal. What is the benefit for Miami to have TMac? they have wade who needs to have the ball. Do they really need another ball holder?

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Sucks to hear over and over that Houston just doesn't want Tracy to be a part of this team. Granted it's from outlets like Yahoo and such, and not actually said by the Houston Organization. But come on. I don't see Houston getting anything great for Mac in a trade, his contract and not having played in so long is just to much baggage for most teams. Ideally I would love to see him play amazing, resign. But most likely his contract will expire, and somehow he ends up Boston. Don't take the Boston thing to seriously........unless you want. :)

10. HoustonRockets

Mac will be back by the end of this month.

11. Pocket Rockets

Can you start today?

12. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

too. many. jokes.

13. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

you know what would be interesting to see?

tmac not playing a single minute of basketball until the all star game. and then not only play in the game, but do well in the game. Adelman would look pretty bad...

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You honestly think, if he got voted in, McGrady would play in the ASG if he never set foot onto the court BEFORE the All Star break?

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A good question, although Dwade, talented as he is, is asked to do way too much, and maybe having someone else handle the ball and pass, etc etc?

The Heat have been linked to various rumors involving point guards. Seems they want a player who can pass. Of course, McGrady will have to show he WILL pass, rather than try too hard to score in an effort to grab that Next Big Contract.

Then, if it works, they win more games this year, and maybe re-sign native Floridian Tmac to a reasonable contract and STILL go out and sign a solid free agent in the offseason.

If not? They're in the same boat as before, and either way have a lot of money to spend next summer.

16. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

The All-Star game is where the lanes open like the red sea to the rim. There is no defense in that game. I doubt anything McGrady does there would make the Rockets look bad.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

DD,

After seeing that the contracts are about the same, i'm on board with the trade...

Again, people need to look at this situation with T-Mac as a statement situation to let everyone know that they will not put up with this type of behavior or actions from any player.

18. Egghead

Egghead Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y92a5vo

Rockets get: Jermaine Oneal and Daquean Cook

Miami gets: Tracy McGrady and Jermaine Taylor

Rockets add a big man in Oneal and a very good 3 pt shooter in Cook,...

Miami gets Tmac....Wade might motivate him to play well... and they get Jermaine Taylor, who can get more playing time in Miami and gets to play in his home state.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'd love TMac for O'Neal, but doesn't Miami need their own center? Don't know much about the team, but from playing around with them on 2k10, O'Neal is the only guy above 6'7'' they have that isn't a piece of crap.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Eww Oneal. He grabbed only 2 rebounds against the Grizz and couldn't stop them from driving in at all. Also Scola rebounds better than him.