1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Raptors 101, Rockets 88

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i can't believe it but as of right now ariza is our worst offensively skilled player, even worse than battier because at least battier knows his limitations.

i dont get why he's given the green light when he has the lowest FG% out of all of our players (39%) and obviously lacks plenty in offensive skill.

you don't even want him to dribble because he's even mediocre at that.

so lets see, ariza can't score, can't dribble, and can't pass. lets give him the green light!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No effort in the first half, letting the opponent get a lead and comfort level = loss.

DD

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

Bosh is looking at us and shaking his head, Mensah-Bonsu is grinning like a madman.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Absolutely. Like I said, it would have absolutely changed the Toronto defense around a lot more from just camping the paint, which would have made those buckets easier. If we had hit anywhere near remotely what we normally from 3's, then it would have been an easy win.

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Need me yet?

Signed,

[​IMG]

6. Yak

Yak Member

Raptor fans are going to be shaking their head when their starting frontcourt next year will be Bargnani/Pops.

But Pops will still be grinning like a madman.

7. Zfan

Zfan Member

3-24 three pts is almost the whole story. They looked helpless in the offense end when 3pts didn't fall. Too bad.

Landry is a fighter playing ike a young Barkley. Scola is also a reliable scorer but he can't handle Bosh. Actually who can shut down Bosh when he's making all those fade away jumpers?

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

3 pointers are high variance. In the games where we got lucky and made like 10-20 three pointers and blew out the other team did you guys think we could keep that up every game? Today we got unlucky with 3s so we lost.

No biggie. It's a make or miss league sometimes.

9. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

It's one of those nights, when none of our shots were falling, and that always seems to correlate with the type of defense we played. The fight at the end was nice, and Landry is a beast, but just didn't have enough. Can't win on the road, letting them shoot 50% from the floor, and ourselves shooting 36%.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, I think we can use that one black guy with the long hair. He's pretty good.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ariza was just horrible today. No one could buy a bucked for the entire first half, but Ariza really stood out. I believe in Morey, but Ariza is really beginning to look like on of his mistakes.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

If we made a couple more threes we win this game, and no one is making up reasons as to why we lost.

The team is fine. Just gotta make those threes.

Also, game was at 11:30am .

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Hedo Turkoglu 9-18
    Chris Bosh 11-19
    Andrea Bargnani 6-11
    Jarrett Jack 6-10
    -----------------------
    Sonny Weems 5-10

Look at those stats, 4 raptors starters and 1 bench player, their shooting percentage are over .500 and ridiculously Jarret Jack got whatever he want from behind the arc. We've tried everything we could on the defensive end to stop them getting some buckets but come on, this game is weird since the beginning. Shots were not falling for us but their shots just swished through the net every single efficient possession.

plus, most of their made shots were well contested by our players, just a bizarre game. :( ruin my whole day.

14. ACL1

ACL1 Member

we were just not lucky enough to have Ariza ejected in the first half.

15. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Can someone post a vid of this ariza fight? I was unable to watch the game.

16. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

Quite often might i add.

17. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

THE MAC IS BACK

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You just know why Ariza is hated in Portland, because he undercut Rudy Fernandez.....and flipped him on his head.

Ariza has a mean streak, too bad he doesn't have a handle.

DD

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

surprised not many talked about brooks, given his bad shooting night..

Ariza swung back at, iguodala i think, last game after ariza stole the ball and led the fast break, hopefully he watches things like this from now on...

Do we even need a post game analysis thread? If we win, just post GREAT WIN , and if we lose it'll be HORRIBLE DISGUSTING LOSS and then lock it...

20. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Just got back from the game. The whole team was sleep walking in all 4 quarters. RuPaul got the best of us. Major embarassment. :mad: