1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Tmac play next game if Ariza is suspended?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Dec 13, 2009.

?

Should Tmac play next game if Ariza is suspended?

1. Yes. We need Tmac.

351 vote(s)
    74.8%
  2. No. Budinger + Taylor will be enough.

118 vote(s)
    25.2%
  1. Hball

Hball Member

Hopefully stern suspends him for about a week that should be enough time for t-mac to take his spot :grin:

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes tmac needs to play. How many points did battier score? :mad:

3. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

No I do not think he will be ready till atleast mid january

4. Kusy

Kusy New Member

Yes, Mac should play even if Ariza doesn't get suspended. Let's c what he got left in the tank. If he still got it then great, he can help out our team, if not then we can finally move on without him

5. tmacyao111

tmacyao111 Member

what did ariza do..i missed the game

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Sure, let McGrady play. But remember, he can't play both games of a back-to-back. :rolleyes: Hope he comes back and plays decent so we can fool some team into trading for him.

Realistically though, I doubt McGrady comes back. He's coming off of a major surgery as someone said, and the whole "4 games in 5 nights" thing might not be the best course for him. Perhaps he'll suit up on the 22nd against the Clippers.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, the Clippers is a back-to-back too. The Magic game would probably be better. Of course, maybe I'm just biased because I'll have returned to Houston by then. :cool:

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Lol you're right! My bad. I hadn't scrolled it far enough.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is a no brainer that tmac should get his start if Ariza's suspended. Chase is no more a creator than Ariza. he's a catch a shoot guy and not that consistent either on offence.

ooooooorr there's always the option of starting landry as small forward and put shane at SG lol

10. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Adelman already said he wouldn't want to play him in the 4 in 5 game stretch. Regardless if he gets suspended or not, I doubt he'll play.

11. halfling131

halfling131 Member

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He definitely should start. In home game against Pistons (who are in great shape) we need all we can get. Especially, when Rip came back and Tayshaun status is dtd

Benching T-Mac in that situation will be a horrible decision. white flag style...

13. AXG

AXG Member

You wouldn't have to play him major minutes. Give him 15-20 minutes off the bench. Budinger could start. McGrady at 75% is still better than Jermaine Taylor and better offensively than Battier.

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Hold on...you guys want McGrady to start right away? I don't care who he is, he needs to earn that starting spot.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he is suspended for a couple of games, he needs time to review his piss poor offensive play....

DD

16. ACL1

ACL1 Member

absolutely Nothing!!
    no wait..
    worse than nothing, things actually got better after he left the game.

17. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Aye, maybe we should start Chase over McGrady and sit him on the bench as to the fact that he should step on the court along with Landry, so he could be of assistance.

18. htown11

htown11 Member

I agree, dont just bring him back out of force. Just beacuse Tmac says hes ready doesnt mean he is. He wants to get back out and play and prove to other teams that yes I still want the big bucks next year when I sign with someone.

19. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

and o. he should start dribbling the ball permanently. I cant stand Ariza when he goes 1-on-1. just ugly.'

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yes. I don't think 4 games will make much of a difference.

And Ariza, grr can he get any worse? It is painful to watch him on offense.