1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The King? Not in Red nation!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blurr#7, Dec 10, 2009.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Since he isn't in trouble with the law or getting arrested is a big relief :rolleyes: I mean, we certainly hold him to such a high standard.

Nobody is seeing he is a bad kid, just that he's a drama queen.

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

please... the guy has all the best PR ppl. every star seems squeaky clean w/ a few exceptions. MJ was a role model for all and he was just as bad if not worse than other nba players. it just didnt come to light til way after he retired.
    how can anyone fault tiger, mj, kobe, dwade, lbj etc for cheating on their wives?? clinton as well. with as much power that these guys had/have, who wouldnt? even jesus lusted after mary magdaleine. doesnt. change the fact that they are all great/the best at what they do/did.
    in summation, lebron is dirty. we just havent seen it in the press yet.

3. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I guess Lebron joined the forums....

I was looking at the comment at how we'd all love his antics if he's in Houston. Maybe... for a time or two.... Then it gets old... FAST.

From what I recollected, a good number of Cleveland fans were tired of LBJ and his act. It's rather funny because it's very similar to stuff we say here about T-Mac.

4. ommy48

ommy48 Member

the lebron apologists and boot licker are amazing with respect to the lengths that they go to defend his royal rear end....now I know why athletes have such large entourages because there seems to be no shortage of brain dead people who are willing to polish their metaphorical turds....I also was a huge MJ fan growing up but at some point in the last decade I had to face reality and admit that Mj was not an exemplary human being, although he was a legendary basketball player.....

People also need to lift their collective noggins out of the sand and accept the fact that LJ, while being an elite player and talent, is also a sore loser, displays poor sportsmanship and likes to showboat. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive despite what the apologists might say. Acknowledging reality is not "hating", it's called using one's brain when confronted with facts. Talking trash and making a face after a big play is not equivalent to gyrating continuously during an entire game whether or not you are on the floor and whether or not you actually made a play (i.e. missing an AND1 layup and doing a dance move immediately afterwards). It appears that LJ, like some of his die hard fans who have their blinders firmly attached to their eyeballs, need to be read the following message to compensate for their lack of common sense (and their glaring inability to discern right from wrong):

[​IMG]

5. Notorious_Flava

in what way are things getting worse? people it's a forum grow some family jewels

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you serious? Kobe and Jordan were immature as well. Is raping someone and cheating on your spouse a mature thing to do? What about flip-flopping between retirement and playing, does speak of mental toughness? How about going to play baseball, does show an unspeakable sense of self? You act like Bronbron is some kind of mentally r****ded dude, when the fact is, LBJ is still a kid. He's only 24 years old, is he not allowed to have fun on the court? And calling him a choker is ridiculous, LBJ has hit so many clutch shots its not even funny.

Everyone b****es about the calls, esp. Kobe, so I dunno where you're going there. As for LBJ just "coasting", the only talent LBJ has is his vision, his hops, and his freakish body. The rest of the stuff he has (the D, the bal handling, the moves) are all the result of hard work.

7. conquistador#11

off with the king's head! I actually like lebron but hate that the western media has to drool over superstars to the point that we don't even get one freaking game on tnt. Basketball is a team sport, even teen wolf realized that.
    F*** the wizards vs celtics game. oh yeah...what were we talking about?
    :p

8. feihung316

feihung316 Member

who the cavs think they are? jabba wockeez?

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Basically, the more hype you have, the more screwed you are. :eek:

I feel sorry for LeBron, Kobe, and basically everyone else who is considered a Tier-1 superstar in the NBA, because you all bag on him.

Sure, he had a bad game, Houston played excellent defense but that doesn't make him a bad sucky player.

10. number22

number22 Member

Lebron is great without the killer jumper.
    if he develops one he will be unstoppable. :mad:

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im ok, with the dancing, because it was in the cavs bench, and didnt seem like he was doing it to the bulls.

But I think he is the spoiled child of the media, all sports programs praising him and stuff

the incident with Howard in the playoffs, that was totally wrong, you need to learn to lose, you are not going to win everytime, so you need to learn how to react to a lose, you go there, shake the hand of the opposing player, and go to the locker room.

If one of the rockets players show bad sportsmanship, I would criticized them and pointing that is wrong.

about retiring no. 23, he just wanted to sell more jerseys with his name on it, but he wanted a reason to not look so obvious on that.

12. devin23

devin23 Member

Man haven't had this much noise going on in a thread in awhile. Good thing i'm not posting much no more... Lebron is great, but I'm tired of seeing his name everytime i'm on ESPN or NBA.com. :sigh:

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To Flava Flav, who thinks that LeBron's antics are excusable because "we'd like it if he was on the Rockets":

Read around here and see how well TMac's or Artest's antics go over. Clutchfans isn't afraid to call out its own players.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

The guy has room to improve. Give him a year or two, and I'd love to see him on the rockets team.

If he cant beat us, he should join us.

15. Notorious_Flava

Both are very different scenarios..... what Lebron is doing is not hurting his team chemistry..... the Cavs players love joining along with his pre game routines

16. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

agreed. too bad everyones obsessed with him

17. blactrs2

blactrs2 Member

no one's squeaky clean. honestly if tiger didnt have soo many side pieces it wouldnt even be a story of interest. this crap happens everyday and ppl wanna hold celebrities and athletes to a higher standard but that impossible because they are living a different life making millions of dollars traveling the world. you have to expect them to have less than stellar character. more than liely if your "her" hasnt been in a scandal its just bc he or she hasnt been caught. the majority of ppl have done or will do something that that will blemish their image but thats just human nature. so if being imature and a little childish is his only defect so far he's good to go. stop judging, its all just your opinion anyway bc its impossible to know what you would do if you were in these guys shoes...i do agree he's immature as well and i hope bron doesnt win a championship until he gets it together but no worries, as long as he has that coach he wont be going anywhere. did anyone see them last yr in the playoofs, it was a crucial game down the stretch, the cavs call a time out and some guy (not the head coach) is drawing up the play. mike wa sliterally standing in the group like a player trying to see what the play was going to be. he had no input. yea he wont be going far w/ that guy or with mo williams at point. aaron brooks would eat hi up all day everyday

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lebron...is that you?

19. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Um... No. ClutchFans in general don't put up with BS from their players. Whether it's drama from TMac, missed layups from Hayes, flopping from Scola, or whatever. How is that (the fact that we don't put up w/ BS) even remotely related team chemistry?

It's like, if you lost a coin toss on a perfect coin, and you said, "It doesn't count... it's different if you blink during the toss..... and I like Jello."