1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you consider a better player Magz or Q?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nikos, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Nikos

Nikos Member

Who do you consider a better player for the Clippers, Quentin Richardson or Corey Maggette? Who has more potential?

Personally I think the Clipps have to much talent at the 2-3, with QRich, Miles, Maggette, Odom. Atleast one of them should go since they need a PG like Dre Miller or Baron Davis.

But who would u say is better now for the Clippers and in general, Q or Magz?

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

Maggette probably has more potential; however, he needs to develop a consistant jumper to fully realize it. If he does, he could become a star in this league. Just look what he did matched up against Kobe Bryant in one Lakers-Clippers game last year and you'll see the type of player he can become. He's a good defensive player, though not great.

Richardson is the more polished product, although he should continue to get better for the next several years. He is one of the Clippers better outside shooters, something they need (since the only other one they have is Piatkowski), as well as a good slasher. More of a complete player than Maggette and currently more integral to their success. Could become a star in this league in the next two years, but probably won't reach into the levels of the elite. Slightly more versatile than Maggette.

That said - if they dealt one of the two, it would probably be Maggette. They both could fetch equal talent, but I think they'd rather deal Maggette than Q. However, with Odom returning next year and the additions of Ely and Wilcox, I think they'd rather deal Miles - another player still missing a jumpshot. He won't be able to play PF anymore with the new rookies around and may be pressed for time at SF with Maggette and Q sliding there.

A lineup involving a good PG (doesn't have to be great, and Jaric may fit the bill already), Piatkowski/Q, Odom/Maggette, Brand/Wilcox, and Olowokandi/Ely with Keyon Dooling, Sean Rooks, and one of their minimum salaried players would make some waves for years to come.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maggette's the better athlete, but Q's the better player. I was intrested to find that Q's actually younger than Maggette, which I didn't realize.

Based on this, Q becomes a much more attractive player IMHO than Maggette. Q's as good a rebounder as Maggette, and he's 10x as polished a defender and offensive player as Maggette.

Q in a heartbeat.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Its sad that Maggette can still be classified as raw. He really should've stayed in school.

5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Living XL

Living XL Member

At this point I'd also go with Q, but it isn't nearly as easy a choice as some make it.

Q, IMO , was a little overrated this past year. Fortunately for him, the fans only remember what he did the first 1/3 of the season (in which he was shooting 53% from the floor 50% from 3). He really really struggled the rest of the way. So much so his numbers went from great to average/below average.

Corey on the other hand was unlucky in that fans also only remembered his first 1/3 of the season. Unfortunately for Corey, he had a HORRIFIC start to the season (shooting sub 35% from the floor and 3). Corey though, unlike like Q, really picked it up the second half of the season. His numbers went from horrific, to acceptable. Corey's defense is much much better than Q's.

Assuming Corey's jumper becomes more consistent (it is getting better) I would choose him becuase of his defense.

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Right now, Miles really has to show something. If he doesn't produce big time this season, he's going to be gone. He has nothing right now other than the ability to block shots and dunk. I really don't see why people think he has more potential than Odom. Odom is 10x better. He can play every single position on the floor and do everything on the court. Plus he's only what maybe 23 to Miles 20 or 21. That's not enough of an age difference to me to say that Miles has a bigger upside than Odom.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Did Q ever go NUTS on Kobe Bryant and light him up for 35 on national TV AND talk a bunch of smack to him? I don't think so.

Even with that being the case, I like Quentin Richardson a bit better. He certainly could be a great rebounding guard too.