1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman's love for Ariza MUST STOP.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiracleShot, Dec 6, 2009.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I can't forget how he lost Richard Jefferson in most valuable possesion in the game with Spurs. :mad:

2. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I could be wrong but they just want Tracy to play. Tracy has always been a high volume, low % shooter. I love the addition of Trevor over Artest or even Tracy.

3. el guapo

el guapo Member

just think bout it when you go from a bench role playing around 20-24 mins a night to being a starter and people relying on you to be a star playing 36+ mins you are going to have alot of pressure on you.

just giv him time to adjust and let him learn from shane and then he would become the player morey and aldeman believed he would be.

4. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I'm not surprised. You might know some people taller than Ariza, some more agile than Ariza, some having better handle than Ariza, some with stronger build than Ariza. But I'm pretty sure none of them can put some of each together to make it into NBA.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The only reason Ariza takes so many shots is because that's what was verbally promised during signing him. That he was going to be a main factor in their offense. He's a main factor alright, he takes 3 times as many shots and makes half than everyone else. :grin:

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

McGrady's love for McGrady MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And the hater train keeps on rolling. Choo choo

8. FFz

FFz Member

LeBron James 15.78 million
    Trevor Ariza 5.85 million :grin:

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I agree with the Op. They should cut half his attempts and give it to Chase. They signed him mostly for his defense and he can't even do that, judgeing by his defense of Roy at the end of the game yesterday.

10. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Ariza has horrible handles when he's wide open going for a dunk on the fastbreak...........................

11. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

Adelman knows what he's doing. But I can't help but grit my teeth when he gambles. ESPECIALLY in crucial possessions.

12. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I think it was the Spurs game a week ago where he was on a fast break and to dribble he actually slapped the ball.

13. wingz0

wingz0 Member

It's not so much that he has really bad handles but he just seems so...awkward and disjointed when he has to dribble the ball more than once. One thing I really do hate is his leaning, off-balance 3s. Come on man, there's something called pump-faking and moving in for a closer shot.

Developing talent is fine, but I doubt the effectiveness of it if we're gonna be letting him put up every shot he wants when he simply doesn't have the tools to make them.

14. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It's interesting to see that people keep forgetting about this year being the 'development' year. Probably because we're doing so well! :grin:

But,
    Ariza is progressing, and coach Adelman has chosen this method to do it. Deal with it. If you need something to help you through this, think about how good he will be at the end of it all. We've sought young, long, athletic players all the time, and now we have one that can go a long way.

I really don't think Chase would do better, let alone be on par, with Ariza if he was given a free pass to do his own thing. I don't accept that others believe this either. He has the handles but not the experience for it.

Ariza is our man. Love him like you do the Rockets.

15. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

yeah, and I am gonna be richer than Warren buffet...just give me some time

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess there needs to be some kind of auto-response on threads like this.

Something like "we're building for the future", or "we're not contending this year", or "we're trying to develop the players that will be here for years to come", or "this season is not about W/L", or "McGrady is not in the long-term plans for this team".

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I hate be one of those "I told you so" people but, well, I told you (the BBS) so. What I didn't count on was Ariza shooting this poorly or trying to do things so far beyond his abilities. I'm not mad at the guy and actually have more hope for him than I did before the season started but I can't help but laugh when thread after thread pops up about this guy and how poor he is at being a first option offensive player.

Wasn't he supposed to be an All Star and the second coming of McGrady? More than a few people here hinted or came out and said that.

The good news is that once the team gets some talent back (either Yao or through some Morey magic) Ariza will be able to step back into being a role player. He should be fantastic at it now that he has been thrown into the fire so far this season.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

His possession usage has jumped from 30th to 80th percentile amongst players who've played significant minutes.

It does seem a bit much. It appears that the Rockets are going to give him every opportunity to break out this year. Maybe that's for the best.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it should be if ariza shows improvement every game, or every week. he doesn't. i never thought he would be close to taking the most shots this year (i expected brooks/scola/landry to lead the team in shots, and ariza just do what battier does but more active offensively).

i don't know what adelman or morey see in him to allow him to have a "chance" at breaking out. he simply doesn't possess the skills necessary to handle the responsibilities thrown at him.

20. FaBo

FaBo Member

That's exactly what I think. If Ariza has good shots - take them. But he just takes too many bad shots at the moment. Just like you, I don't think that taking bad shots will improve Ariza's abilities.