1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horry on Ming at Minute Maid Park!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sphere, Jul 13, 2002.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Horry is a punk and a jerk,...trust me, I met him.

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I was not trying to say every single professional scout in the world thinks high of Ming. I agree there may be one or two out there who don't, like the one quoted by ESPN (I hope they could have been able to name that scout though). I was just trying to explain to T-man that we have not based our opinion on that 30 secs highlight reel. We base that on comments by most of the scouts and coaches. Some of them have admittedly scouted Ming for years. Instead of saying we are 'foolish', he should at least try to read what all those people have said. That's all. Anyway, I know we are all Rockets fans. We all hope the best for the team. Go Rockets.

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Horry was real cool with me. He signed my old ROckets jersey I had of his. He was at Fonde a couple of years ago. I heard Kenny Thomas was a super jerk but I never met him.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Generalizing 5000 members of this site is pretty damn stupid. You do realize that not everyone on this board agrees on everything right. Quite the contrary actually. When Horry does something good it will bring out the Horry lovers. When he says something stupid it will bring out the haters. Pretty stupid statement by you.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Horry has been pretty cool to me on the two or three occasions I've met him.

Athletes are humans and they can have bad days you know.

6. BTM

BTM Member

Horry is the man. He will school Yao Ming.

Yo RocksMillenium, still think the Rockets should trade for Marc Jackson?

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I haven't really liked Horry as much since he left Houston. I keep remembering how little effort he put out there toward the end.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Just because you are a good player doesn't mean you are a good judge of talent. Remember MJ drafted Kwame Brown with the first pick last year.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Why do you all have such a problem with Horry's comments?? He didn't say Ming was going to be a bust. I think he gave a good opinion without sounding too biased or judgemental. Whether you accept it or not, it is a fact that Ming still has to prove he can measure up to NBA-type competition.

Also, for you clowns that are dissing Horry, you should show the guy a some respect. Sometimes I really wonder how some of you that can't stand Moochie or Mobley would react to an opposing player commenting on them.

:rolleyes:

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE!!!!

Talk about Name STEALING!!!!!!

"T-man"

And then trying to dis-respect the board......

Man get the FLOCK OUTTA HERE....

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

you people.......

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A lot of Yao-criticism is being based on scant information. "Chris Anstey abuses Yao," the headline on the Internet might say; but does the article mention Yao's hip injury? how he gets doubled and tripled every night? what kind of contact they were letting the defender get away with?

I can deal with Horry's comments. His opinions are based on what he thinks he knows; someone asked him for an opinion, he gave it. At least that's better than Barkley-and-Kenny's anti-foreign-player diatribe on draft night.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Was that Horry's son (Calvin Murphy's grandson) with Horry at the game? Horry had the boy next to him waive to the crowd after he was introduced by the announcer.

Also, what is the health problem with Horry's son, that the rumor was that Horry wanted to come back to the Rockets so that he could be close to his son during the season?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I feel for Robert Horry. His daughter has a rare disorder, I forget what it is, but she requires a lot of medical care. It's too bad for his own sake (personal, not professional, reasons, obviously) that he doesn't play for the Rockets. I don't know how the dude keeps it together.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Horry has turned transformed from a potential star to a one dimensional spot-up shooting role player. His game has not improved at all since his days in Houston. It is painful to watch the guy try to put the ball on the floor and create his own shot. And to think we all called this guy the next (pre-Houston) Scottie Pippen.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wait a second...the guy has 5 rings!! 5 freaking rings!! and it's not like he didn't contribute to those championships. he was the second best player in the Finals for the Rocks in 1995 (i remember many thought he should have been named MVP of the series)...he knocks down clutch shots...can defend at numerous positions....he may not have ever been scottie pippen (though i'd take him over scottie right now, for sure)...but he's had a really nice career.