1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets don't want McGrady back, continue to try to trade him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

are you grateful for any of the positive things tmac did for this organization?

2. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

It is sooo sad about TMAC but look what the Rockets have done without him. We have played 18 games in the western conf and we are 11-7. This team will grow even stronger as the season progresses. We added new additions to the team and we are incorporating them in. It usually takes some time for a team to gel with new players. We have done this well already, I just can't imagine how well we will do later in the season once everyone starts to fit in.

If Tmac is participating in full practices and he fits in well, he should definately be apart of this team. It is just a waste to leave him on the bench. Llike most members on the board, I think we should just throw him in during garbage minutes and see if he can still get up and down. Sucha WASTE, GO ROX!

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So its not about whether McGrady can make the team better. They just don't like him and want him gone. Yes, "petty" is the word that comes to mind.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What, you mean like follow the reports? Yeah, crazy man !

I don't see it as petty at all, just good business.

DD

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But if they don't want him why bother playing him? I am sure they can find some scrub from the D-league.

I just think it's stupid to take a guy you don't want and just let him play in practice and travel with the team on road trips while the media is saying you want to get rid of him.

It's not classy by the Rockets organization. And this organization has been the most classy organization in Basketball for the last 20 years. The last time it wasn't was when Bill Fitch demanded that Ralph Sampson be traded.

The Rockets are pulling T-mac's chain, and therefore, no better than him. If they aren't going to say to the media - that the reports aren't true - that T-mac will play when he is deemed ready - they are basically admitting the reports are true and that his practices are just a farce.

That's terrible. Do you think super-stars are going to want to come to an organization that does stuff like that? No. We're going to attract a lot more role-players.

6. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

HAHA

What they say is bullsh!t! They can't come out and say that they call him stacy and that he fakes injuries to take games off or that he quit on the team.

TRUST ME!

7. Seth

Seth Member

You see, that's a moronic view.
    In the company you work, do they value the positive things you do for them? In any case, yes or no, if you would fall in the disrespectfull behaviour mcgrady has falle you would be fired.

Rox cannot fire mcgrady, but they don't owe him nothing. The positive things he did for the organization (that's for sure i will see more positive things made for him than for the rox) are within the range of what the organization pays him 20 millions a year.

Players of his salary are required very little things besides playing well. One of them is to respect the people that pay the bills. TMac is not doing so.

8. DaDakota

Yeah, I don't think anyone will give two hoots about that....Superstars will follow the $$$$ or a place they think they can win.....they know that Tmac is a prima donna, it is not like it is some secret in the NBA.

Players come and go, nothing changes.....

DD

9. sbyang

sbyang Member

The Rox management is too logical to do what the article suggests: attempt to trade Mcgrady at his lowest value. Anybody trading for Tmac now would make the valid point that he is no more than an expiring contract. But if they let him onto the court, he could prove that he is capable of doing much more. Even if he looks terrible, he'll be an expiring contract and we're back at the beginning. No harm is done by letting him play.

What of the on court product? It's clear that the coaches are experimenting with things this year, and I assume management doesn't care too much about wins and losses. So playing Tmac at the cost of a couple of games should be OK from that perspective.

There is an argument that the other guys don't want him back, or they'll be disgruntled because he's receiving special treatment or taking their shots and minutes. I think the other guys know full well that Tracy is being showcased. Every player on the team should know how the coaches and management feel about them and what their roles. It is not so with every team in the league, but the Rox are a well run organization.

Another train of thought is that once the fans see glimmers of Tracy looking like himself, there will be more resistance from the fans to the idea of trading him. This is a valid idea, considering that Les Alexander is a Tmac fan.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Integrating a player of McGrady's talents into this team and increasing the team's prospects of making a deep playoff push would be "good business".

11. Rockets9495

haha

I am not assuming anything. I don't hate tmac. I just hate all his drama

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

When have i ever even posted a report or something like that. Like the discussions we've had before, you don't post alot of stuff you know and i dont post alot stuff i know. We both know why the amare trade didn't go down. You know some teammates that are disgusted in tracy and i know some that really like tracy. That doesn't mean your wrong or right and that doesn't mean i'm wrong or right. What it does is really make the situation grey or in the middle which you seem not to believe. I will tell you this, we better watch the portland scenerio closely as well as this tracy situation. also, its going to take more of a sell job to les when morey traded the #8 to trade tracy. Its going to take a huge sell job to sell les on that idea unless it guarantees they will be under the luxury tax.

13. Seth

Seth Member

The guy has to be in playing shape ASAP even if he doesn't play for the Rox, because that way there are more chances of teams willing to trade for him.

14. DaDakota

That depends on what your goals are for the year.

If they are to maximize this year's chances, than you may indeed be right.

If however, they are to maximize the potential of the team going forward for multiple years, then you would be incorrect as the team would be more interested in developing the players that will be here long term over one that is only going to be here a short time longer.

I think the Organization has made a choice, and I believe it is the right one.

DD

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

McGrady is obviously not giving the team any reason to believe he will:

A. Be able to integrate those talents
    B. Have any interest in integrating those talents
    C. Still possess those talents
    D. All of the above

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps, but it's not in the spirit of what the Rockets as an Organization have been and done over the years.

I can't imagine Rudy T or JVG ever doing this kind of thing.

17. melo_elo

melo_elo Member

it's kinda funny how dadakota acts like he knows business and thing, but im pretty sure he never did profit one

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Signed,
    Jerry Krause in 2001

19. DaDakota

Les used to love Tmac, but that foundation cracked this year with the Tmac camp leak about insurance money.

But I do agree that looking at a scenario in which the Rockets get under the Lux Tax is probably the most likely.

Not apples to apples my man.

You would be 100% wrong.

DD

20. Rockets9495

:eek: :eek:

Could that be?

Why hasn't he gotten a fair chance?

You mean its not because adelman and morey are stupid and ignorant???

:eek: