1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas dilema

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Monkey7392, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

I am one of the biggest Rockets fan in the world. But last year i mean i was sad to say i really did not like Kenny Thomas. I know Kenny is a good player. The reason i didnt like him is not because I hat how he plays, but the fact that I wanted to see Eddie Griffin get more minutes. I was always cheering when Rudy took Kenny out and put in Griffin. Kenny Thomasis a good player and he deserves to be on a team that really would use him better. We are already stocked up with Pf's. Griffin will be a star, and Mo Taylor cant be moved. So it would only make sense if we traded him away. Griffin needs major minutes this season for us to get into the playoffs. With Kenny Thomas hanging around Griffin wont get that. Then if Rudy benches him it wont be fair to him cus he has so much talent. I say way trade him to a eastern conference team when im sure hell put up big #'s, maybe get a draft pick & veteran SG to show us some leadership.

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Monkey, why would you not consider things like injuries and insurance and protection against injuries? Have you already forgetten this past season or are you thinking it cannot happen again. The NBA season is a long one, full of back to back games. We have the luxury of pacing our guys and giving us the best shot at not only making the playoff but getting home court advantage in the second round, at least. The evidence suggest that EG is coming along nicely and I do not see KT's presence being a negative factor in his development.

Regarding leadership, there is Rice, if we do need some. I think it is a non-factor. If it was, we would not be getting rid of both Walt and Willis. This team will get its leadership from it's young leaders.

3. Stevie Francis

i hated kt ever since he stepped on the court. He is stunting Griff's growth. We better trade him soon, or griff will leave.

4. Sane

Sane Member

DearRock,

Do you really think KT will sit quietly on the bench with the hope of someone getting injured so he'll get his minutes?

It's' a contract year. If we don't decide to trade him, he's going to demand it.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hope him having a contract year doesn't get in the way of the team. I know Kenny would like to stay(or at least he has said that in the past), but if he messes with team chemistry or the rotation, then I think we have to go seperate ways. I hope we develope him into a guy that can play 3 or 4.

6. Stevie Francis

i say trade him before the season to prevent problems in the locker room.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

unless rudy has some new positions that he will play both griff and kt, i think its safe to say that someone will be traded.

p.s. it wont be griffin.