1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Rocket Has Improved the Most So Far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ibm, Nov 30, 2009.

?

Most Improved Rocket So Far?

1. Hayes

39 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Ariza

16 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. Aaron

22 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Lowry

15 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Andersen

30 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Landry

273 vote(s)
    66.1%
  7. Budinger

18 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I can live with that...

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

+1 only because I think Landry's always had that level of play just not the minutes...

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Landry by a landslide, followed by DA and Ariza. Ariza can only get better and I hope he can tone down his 3's and start becoming a more complete player. Love him on here though.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Carl Landy has shown improvement on his finishes off the offensive rebounds, better body and ball control in his face up game, has a nice double pump move, and has a really great looking mid-range jumpshot.

5. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

This shouldn't even be a question Landry is not only by far and away the most improved rocket but so far is the best player on our team. He has a strong case for NBA 6th Man and most improved player. I know its still early in the season but so far the stats back it up.

Landry is #12 in the NBA at 29.7 Points per 48 min (2nd closest rocket is Scola #39 at 24.1)

Landry is #6 in the NBA in FT% shooting 89.6% from the line (2nd closest rocket is Brooks #64 at 79.6%)

Landry is #13 in the NBA in FG% shooting 55.6% from the field (2nd closest rocket is Scola #26 at 52%)

Landry is first on the Rockets and has a 22.97 Player Efficently Rating being 4.5 points better than Luis Scola's 18.43 Rating.

6. ibm

ibm Member

be interesting to see what happens when he starts the next few games. after all, he's been playing against the reserves of the other teams most of his career.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

why are there no pictures of David AndersEn passing?

8. itony

itony Member

wow not only did you attempt to be funny at posting something outdated and now lame :mad: you even phrased it wrong :rolleyes:

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

90% ft shooter. Landry has worked his but off. Landry is kind of like Amare in that he was explosive inside, but really improved his shot.

10. albuster

albuster Member

Landry it is. I am curious though how Budinger would fare if he is given more attention in the offense by the coaching staff and his team mates.

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

from last season to now: Ariza
    last 17 games: Landry

12. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

its funny how ariza has 3.5% of the votes

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Chucky is my choice. He goes from a liability everytime he touches the ball to actually have a post move. To go from spot minutes to starting Center without missing a beat, that is just impressive.

14. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

i know everyone is saying Landry, and he has been money. But, since when does Chuck Heyes try ANYTHING on the offensive side of the ball. Heck he is even running breaks. thats just not right

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Has he improved?

16. arubato

arubato Member

I'll go with Chuck. Just look at his free throws and you can see the improvement

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How are rookies on this list?

Who saw David Andersen or Chase play last year?

I think I get the idea of this thread, but these players had to be Rockets before improvement to improve.

Ariza was a Laker playing a completely different system with completely different players.