1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where to find vintage steel frame bikes in houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gbritton, Nov 30, 2009.

1. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

Ok... I don't want to drive all the way up to Austin to find a ladies steel frame vintage bike. Are there any antique stores.... or bike stores that has a nice handful of 60's to 80's steel frame bikes? I know this city isn't as much of a biking town as Austin, but but the shear number of people there has to be places to find such bikes... please please... help me. thanks! :grin:
    g

2. Rocketman2002AB

Try West End Bikes. I remember they have some vintage bikes near the front of the store.

3. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

thanks. I've been there before but for whatever reason most of them are not for sale. kinda bummer... thanks for the lead though

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I used to check craigslist for old Raleighs to maybe convert or fix, but most often those are road frames, I don't know if those are what you're looking for. I've read about hidden gems found at random pawn shops but there are so many around town that it's a hassle.

5. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I still have my old Redline, and my Hutch All-Star in my garage.

6. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I meant Pro-Star. :eek: