1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets Just Get rid of Bullard, Drew, Pig, and Gray Already

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tb-Cain, Jun 2, 2000.

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I think Bullard and Pig will be back, and I hope they will. Bullard's 3-pt threat helps to prevent the other team from doubling down on Cuttino and Francis.

Miller provides muscle, rebounding, and hustle. I think you'll see Rogers gone before you will Pig. Even though Rogers has the versatility that Rudy loves, Pig has the consistency and hustle.

Drew is expendable now that the Rockets have Norris and lots of teams could use a point guard with range. I think Utah might be interested. Eisley could be moving on.

Devon Gray was just filling a roster spot.

------------------

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like the Bull as well. He should definitely stay. I heard he wanted to go into local broadcasting whne he retires. Wouldn't that be funny to see him helping out Murphy and Worrel during the games.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Boy, Vancouver sure could use some of those hard-nose, game breaking Rocket veterans; add Swift plus the best young(I'm right,your wrong)talent "on paper".....bring on the U.S Olympic team baby! Wooooooooo!!!!

Swift+ Chuck Daly + Rockets veterans= Grizzlies 82-0!

------------------

4. 3pointer

3pointer Member

You guys just underestimate Bull's value to this team , because teams leave him open at times he makes them pay and that allows Francis and Mobs to be able to break down the D . Did you guys noticed how this yr. he actually drove to the basket quite more often then priviously ? I wonder if he got lessons from Stevie or Mobs ?

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

5. alaskansnowman

The only one we should get rid of is Drew. I agree with what most of what everyone already said... that Bullard is too good of a shooter to let go + he has good chemistry/leadership... that Pig has a lot of hustle and a big body... and Gray will play in case someone is going to get injured.

My question: WHAT about Tony Massenburg?

Also, I would like to keep Carlos Rogers, and I dont think that Rudy would trade Carlos before he trades Pig. I like both of these guys a lot because of their hustle, but I'd rather see Carlos on the court.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

6. davo

davo Contributing Member

alaskansnowman said
    My question: WHAT about Tony Massenburg?

Also, I would like to keep Carlos Rogers, and I dont think that Rudy would trade Carlos before he trades Pig. I like both of these guys a lot because of their hustle, but I'd rather see Carlos on the court.

1. I think Massenburg will probably stay - we need the help at 4. Maybe we'll see some action on Massenburg after the draft....
    2. I'd rather see Carlos go. I just don't see in him what everyone else seems to.
    3. Pig is a free agent who was signed to the minimum. We can't trade him

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

7. Shandon40

Shandon40 Member

I think if the Rockets get rid of these guys they will have enough money........but since a team still has to pay for the player's contract.....I say the Rockets should trade these scrappy players for like a rugged power-forward..like, Devon George, Robert Horry, Ben Wallace, Jelani McCoy,etc., and add a few draftpicks in the deal, (not our lottery pick #9 though)I think this a good idea, and a smart idea. This will allow the Rockets to find more minutes for players like, Mobley, Cato, Olajuwon, and Moochie.

1. Matt Bullard- Nothing but a shooter, we already have Walt, who is more talented than Bull at the small-forward position. He is basically useless.

2. Bryce Drew- We dont need him. Moochie is perfectly fine with us, Moochie outplayed him, so we dont need him. I heard a lot of team like him, so lets get rid of him.

3. Pig- I like him, but how we gonna find minutes for Olajuwon, Cato, Carlos , and Kenny.

4. Devon Gray- Plllleeeeeeeeeaazz get rid of this guy, I hate his game,he isn't NBA-type of player, doesn't even fit Houston's style of play, barely plays, should have stayed in the CBA!!!!

------------------
    With the 9th pick in the 2000 NBA Draft, the Houston Rockets select...........Stromile Swift from LSU (yeah right)

8. davo

davo Contributing Member

Most of those guys are signed to very low contracts and don't compete with the front line guys for minutes anyway. Gray and Moochie were just signed to fill in roster spots.

In answer to your points:-
    1. Matt Bullard- Nothing but a shooter, we already have Walt, who is more talented than Bull at the small-forward position. He is basically useless.
    The whole point of basketball is to score points, and hence you need shooters. Not everyone on the floor has to do everything. Bullard is an awesome three point shooter and is MUCH cheaper than Walt. Plus he's very popular and good for team chemistry.

2. Bryce Drew- We dont need him. Moochie is perfectly fine with us, Moochie outplayed him, so we dont need him. I heard a lot of team like him, so lets get rid of him.
    Agreed. Trade him if we can. I still have lingering doubts about Moochie though.

3. Pig- I like him, but how we gonna find minutes for Olajuwon, Cato, Carlos , and Kenny.
    Pig fills in almost exclusively in the centre spot. He's not taking minutes from anyone, especially not Carlos and Kenny.

4. Devon Gray- Plllleeeeeeeeeaazz get rid of this guy, I hate his game,he isn't NBA-type of player, doesn't even fit Houston's style of play, barely plays, should have stayed in the CBA!!!!
    When guys like Carlos Rogers and Tony Massenburg spend so long on the injury list, someone has to take their place. Hello Devin. Would you have preferred it if we had signed Rodman instead?

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com