1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I gotta say i disagree with you, but it's your opinion. still, how do you expect him to be traded if he doesn't play
    one single game?? He has no trade value. You can't trade him if you don't play him first...

2. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

There is no way RA is holding Tmac out for personal reasons..i for one think they just want to make sure he can go all out and not have any setbacks. But i also think the only way he gets into "game shape" is to play in games, small chunks of min's at a time. I think he will be playing in about two weeks and be full strength by mid december.

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

:rolleyes:
    The MRI says nothing more than that his recovery is going normal, which if anything should mean that he shouldn't be cleared to play given that most people do not recover from microfracture surgery in 8 months. And his word? Did you forget last year - his word means nothing on coming back from injury?

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

How many full practices has Tracy played or scrimmages for that matter? In my opinion he's not completely ready to play, just threw my own experience in playing organized basketball. Being in shape and being in game shape are two completely different things. It seems as if Tracy wants to dictate when he comes back and Adelman won't allow that anymore. If Im the coach, I would make sure Tracy can fully dominate in practice before I throw him in with the rest of the bunch who currently have great chemistry. He needs to prove that he's ready to play. What alot of people fail to realize is he had microfractive surgery with is no joke.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thank you !

That means playing within the system, moving without the ball and playing good defense.

Otherwise it is "Grab some pine bub".

DD

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I trust Clutch. But I wonder who that source is. I mean, it's not Adelman's quote. It's the source's interpretation of the situation.

Like some have already pointed out, did that mean Adelman had no intention to play TMac NOW because he didn't think TMac was ready? The most troubling part is the "This isn't going to end well" quote. But again, this can be just the source's interpretation of the situation.

I think it is obvious that Adelman has been pissed off by TMac's antics. This last "I want to play and am putting on my uniform on game day" thing was the last straw. He is annoyed by all the attention and all the questions about TMac. I would if I were him.

Not playing TMac is clearly a personal thing. I mean, Adelman is a smart coach. From a pure basketball point of view, there is no way he wouldn't play TMac if he is healthy at least just take a look at what he could do in a real game. How can it hurt? Except maybe TMac has been playing like crap in practice.

If we take what the tweet said at face value, this can't be a good thing. It means that TMac is as good as gone. It is going to lower TMac's trade value. If they can't trade him, they are going to let him walk after the contract expires. And that just leaves us a cap room for signing no more than a good role player.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Come on, now, everyone. Adelman soured on McGrady last year. This isn't something that just came up.

Of course, the questions are, What is gonna be done about it? and when?

8. franchise?..NOT

Somewhere John Weisbrod is pissing his pants, laughing!

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Good for Adelman. He's a great coach and he knows that FINALLY he's gotten the Rockets to buy into his system completely and it has made everyone better. Why mess it up, why disrupt your system by playing a lazy basketball player who isn't going to run, isn't going to cut, isn't going to initiate Adelman's offense, when he just going to be gone next year anyway. Tracy wants to come back for Tracy. He wants to show whether he's healthy enough for some dumb team to commit more money to him in the offseason. Adelman on the other hand knows this is a team that has a great future and he doesn't want Tracy to mess with it.

10. jump shooter

It just seems to me that they don't want him in one week and then out the next, thats a team chemistry killer ie.(case in point was last season). Wouldn't surprise me that we don't see him on the court until january. Tracy just needs to bite his lip and get his body into game shape to make sure he doesn't reinjure that knee again. The guy just wants to play and in my opinion that's a great thing, but Adelman isn't going to let that happen until he feels he can help the team on a "consistent basis" and not kill the rockets current chemistry.

11. franchise?..NOT

Somewhere John Weisbrod is pissing himself laughing!

12. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

What, he might pull an Olajuwon?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

False. He doesn't play defense. He is a ball stopper. He doesn't set screens. He doesn't run the offense.

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

There is nothing that Tracy, the Players Union, or the NBA can do to make the Rockets activate TMac or play him...nothing.

TMac is learning that he can pull himself out but only RA, Morey and the Rockets can put him back in. He can sit his but on the bench until the Rockets want to make a move or his contract expires at the end of the season.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No... TMac will never pull an Olajuwon by winning an NBA MVP, NBA Defensive Player of the Year, NBA Championship or NBA Championship MVP.

TMac will never pull an Olajuwon. Sorry I couldn't resist.

1 person likes this.
  16. jump shooter

Forgot to add that he's the only rockets true playmaker and closer.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

T-mac isn't ready to play. He knows it.

I think he's about 6 weeks away from what Turner said. Clearly indicated it's like T-mac has just begun training camp. Which is what, 6 weeks right?

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Wanna bet? If he makes a piss about and they get a the nba involved, the rox will have to either activate him, release or trade him, or do what the pacers did to tinsley. Point i'm trying to make is its nowhere close to that situation. If it was as bad as some say it is which i know its not, then this thing would take a different direction.Not to mention, other players around the league look at how you treat "stars" on your team. You don't think players looked at the even the carl landry situation? Thats was out of bounds the night before free agency. Just like no one wanted to go to Chicago because of the way Jordan was treated. I'm in no way comparing tracy to jordan, but believe me when i tell you that alot of guys like tracy and they talk to him about stuff. I'm not saying he would bad mouth the organization because he has so much love for les, but if he did, it would be a problem when attracting guys. Really when you think about it, the rockets haven't been able to get guys after a buyout to come and play for them. Its not as stick of a situation as people make it out to be.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That whole "other players look" thing is so overblown.

Other players will "Follow the $$$$" and "the best situation for the team"

It didn't bother anyone that Hakeem was traded, it won't bother anyone that McGrady is benched.

Players look out for themselves, nothing else is relevent.

As for bad mouthing the organization.....ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!

Orlando seems to be ok after Tmac flamed them.......maybe, just maybe.....it is Tmac and most people recognize that.

Hey Leeb, your sig is looking mighty tasty.....what does your source say about the Rockets signing him now?

Personally, I think it could all be rectified IF Tmac apologies.

DD

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

They can activate him but they don't have to play him. He can sit on the bench in street clothes.

I think we could overcome Tracy "bad mouthing" us based on the product we put on the court and the way we play basketball. Kinda like when you have an ex-girlfriend from a spoiled relationship bad mouthing you- it doesn't make you a bad guy, it just wasn't meant to be.