1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help me to understand American Culture, please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by he_zhang_1126, Nov 20, 2009.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This isn't exclusive to Americans. I lived in South America for a while; South Americans will argue that Ginobili is better than Kobe, or that Fernandez is better than Roy. Overblown expectations are just part of any fan base.

2. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

A strange thing in China was : some fans were Yao-haters

I, a chinese, also a candian, who loves Yao and Battier due to their great work effort and personalities, did NOT understand why they hated Yao (not this season because not playing) :eek: :eek:

So elevation to the culture level is so misleading :p :p

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Materialistic, consumeristic, celebrity-obsessed, rude, crude, and capable of inflicting serious damage on whoever messes with us, especially when right wing politicians are in control. When the left is in control, we go on a world wide apology tour (for the last time we kicked your a**).

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He wasn't healthy for traing camp last year, because he didn't put the work in to rehabing his knee after the first surgery.

5. AceCombatX

AceCombatX Member

See my threads posted before. It's really nothing about American cultural and it's not American specialty. Similar situation occurred in Chinese forums. Ignore these naive and nasty comments since those lovers or haters are just in their teenagers mentally or physically.

So far every player in NBA can't play basketball better as Mr. Michael-God of Basketball-Jordan, and won't play worse than the rest 650 million people in this planet, who is not playing in NBA.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

LOL this is so out of place in the GARM, but I'll admit it made me laugh.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well no shet.. if you follow and analyse every single word and sentence a guy says you are going to find something thats stupid. everyone has done that at some point in their life its just we dont have reporters and cameras following us.

and you are basically off topic cuz we are talking about the recent hate for tmac, and people finding every excuse to bash him.

8. PeppermintCandy

All the time, from what i've seen. Go check out soccer fan boards in the UK and the rest of Europe.

And I think in countries where professional leagues aren't as strong or popular, people get riled up and irrational about national sports teams and their players.

9. earth

earth Rookie

Poll by sina.com demonstrates that most chinese fans want to keep Tmac in houston. ;) no kidding.

10. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

No. Some people are just idiots. They didn't get enough or any breast feeding time as an infant.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

funny how some people on this board think most YOFs or T-mac haters are chinese.

12. flashsky

flashsky Member

I come from China too.In fact, i cant understad what Tmac did.
    If he's in CBA, i trust he'd also be kicked off !!!!!
    It's not a question about honest or American culture.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

zzzzzzz

I read a **** load of hatreds on Chinese internet everyday, don't pretend this is an American thing, my fellow Chinese friend.

People love and people hate, it's human nature, not culture.

But I personally think to love is a more advanced personality than to hate, don't you think?

14. earth

earth Rookie

Yeah, although the media tend to make some noise, most bb fans like both Tmac and Yao.

15. sgwjj

sgwjj Member

i am a chinese fan 2,i want tmac be back soon,do well his job,help rox make good progress.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What about the old Confucian way? And to believe in the good. :)

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess some are jealous because he's a Chinese and plays in the NBA. What a remarkable story.

18. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

It is not about the culture. There are so many haters that just simply because he is a loser. He has never won anything for any team, and when the team wins without him, his image will certainly get more ugly.

19. aldrich

aldrich New Member

It's not about loyalty or any stupid things T-Mac said, although it appears to be so.
    Americans admires winners. Most likely they only remember winners. If a superstar never won a championship, he is labeled as a loser. Do you need examples?
    Chinese however, as much as we value winner, we actually respect and feel more connected with heroes that failed an epical fight. To me, it makes the Mavericks series more memorable than the Portland series last year.

20. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

America isn't allowed to have its own culture. We have to bow down to everybody else's through political correctness.