1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] T-Mac's act forces team into reaction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 21, 2009.

1. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

a team that has this much turmoil inside the locker room doesnt play like the rockets did tonight!!
    piss off richard

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

3. Chamillionaire

a few more good pieces, especially in the post would make us a younger, more competitive team. if and when we get yao back, he won't have to play 30 minutes +, we'll be able to run with the Scolandry + backup more often.

like what i'm seeing out of lowry and AB but AB is still inconsistent and lowry can't shoot. we need some more consistent shooters, athletes.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tough article there, clearly things are not harmonious....but it does not good for the Rockets to air their dirty laundry in public.

I knew this would happen, it will only get worse.

DD

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

T-Mac disappeared from this team somewhere around 2006. A lot of people are attacking Justice over his characterization of McGrady, but not so many people are debating two other big points:

1. he's not ready for prime time
    2. he's not going to be here next season

6. Chamillionaire

i'm starting to think he might not play for the rockets again.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if tracy does well in practice on 11/23 and the team still doesn't play him, look for him to pop off.

tracy sounds real confident he's going to destroy practice on monday.

8. kejohn

kejohn Member

With that in mind Adelman is correct in waiting for McGrady to be at full speed before he puts him in the lineup.

My biggest concern with a return of McGrady (and Yao) for that matter is that the team will be slower when either of these guys come back. While the Rox would be better at the half court with McGrady and/or Yao, their fast breaks and ball movement would likely decrease.

Defense would be worse with McGrady but better with Yao.

9. Chamillionaire

maybe RA is trying to get mac fired up. getting him ready to play, it's a mental game.

10. t_mac1

and what's wrong with a half-court offense? every team who has won a championship has to be able to score consistently in teh half-court offense.

we have to run now b/c that's the only way we're going to score.

however, we can't return to force-feeding yao. when he does return, we have to put him in the high post more and go to more of a motion offense. yao has to learn how to play in the high post.

11. DaDakota

Look even if Tmac plays, this has no happy ending...none.

Because Rick will pull him at the first sign of lolligagging, and Tmac will explode.....

This has no happy ending, I just can't see one.

DD

12. t_mac1

they have pissed him off. tracy said he's "more than ready" for monday's practice. i expect him to explode on whoever is guarding him. he wants to play. look for him to treat monday's practice as the first step to prove people that he's back.

and trust me, there will be other media there, not just the chron. you will know for sure how tracy did, not just from the chron.

13. DaDakota

Practice is closed to the media......

DD

14. t_mac1

tracy is playing for a new contract. you really think he's going to jeopardize the team when he DOES play? there is already bad things floating around him "off the court," he's going to want to prove he's a player that can make the game easier for his teammates (he wants to regain that "one of the best playmakers" in the game title).

and it's funny that all this drama is stemming from tracy wanting to play. it's not like he wants to play A LOT either. i bet you he would agree coming off the bench without hesitation. dude just wants to play.

the yahoo article said tracy asked the team if he could play 12 minutes TOTAL in 2 exhibition games so he and the team could gauge where he was at. TWELVE.

15. DaDakota

Oh come on, you really think a guy trying to prove himself for a new contract will be happy with a backup role?

Really? You are his fan, you should know better.

Man......it is getting deep around here.

DD

16. t_mac1

but the media will wait outside and will try to get everything possible out of every person who witnessed that practice. yahoo, ESPN, chron...

17. t_mac1

back-up role to who? ariza? please.

what i'm saying is he's willing to play 30-32 minutes, take less shots, touch the ball less, and willing to sacrifice his game to "repair his image" from last season. when tracy plays, he will still be our best player.

the only one he might have to defer to is carl landry. the other players are inconsistent as hell.

18. t_mac1

however, i do agree both parties want to part ways. it's obvious the team has cut its ties with mcgrady; and it's more obvious mcgrady doesn't trust adelman or morey.

i think morey will work the phone looking for a trade, and tracy is expecting a phone call for a trade sometime soon.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The irony is great, isn't it?

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone want to jump on the Wilson Chandler bandwagon with me? All aboard?

Plus 2 expirings...?