1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Griffin, Taylor, Thomas somebody has to GO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ericdwj, Jul 11, 2002.

1. ericdwj

ericdwj Member

I really exited about the Rockets season this year, but am I the only one wondering what's going to happen with Griffen, Taylor, and Thomas. I believe they will have to trade Thomas (although i hate it), i mush rather them deal Cato (which is unlikely) and Mo Taylor. Taylor seems to be too 'set-in-his-ways' to be the type of power forward we need.

What do ya'll think?

2. AllenLeavell

AllenLeavell Member

The west is power forward heavy we need all three . Think about it Do you think that one of power forward can guard Tim Duncan C-Webb, Garnett, Wallace , Brand all night without taken a breather think about. It would truly hurt team they all have different type of game. Now If eddie turn into a mentally stable Rasheed Wallace, we can talking about a dumping of a contract.
    Until something that happen with one of the three . I say keep
    them all K9 and Griffin both have some Sf skill even Mo has
    some. One will always be able to play with or off another.
    ;) Allen Leavell

3. B

B Contributing Member

I really like the idea of KT being the backup power forward and small forward. He just plays too hard for me to want to give him up. Mo is a huge question mark right now and KT is solid. I don't think we'll ever hear Tim Duncan talk about how much trouble Mo Taylor gives him.

B

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

i think that comment made no sense and needs to be clarified.

:confused:

5. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

Thomas will be traded, he is the perfect trade. He is absolutely expendable. Stud PFs come and go. Make sure Steve and Cat never ever leave.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I like the thought of keeping all three... there is always a chance of one getting injured and it would be much better having KT to slide in there than trying to acquire one like we did last year...

7. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Everything in time. It is not necessary to trade any of these guys at the moment. Depth never hurt anybody. So let us chill. In addition these guys can play multiple positions so let us just sit back and relax and enjoy the ride. There is no urgency to get anybody or address any need at this point. When the time is right, CD will do what is best.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WHO DO YOU THINK COULD USE A PF?

Rocket River

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

KT is a hard worker, but he is in a bad position here. Heres why:

1. MoT is stronger and bigger, the Rocks need him to handle the bigmen of the west (Shaq, Duncan, C-Webb, etc....)
    2. Griffin is taller and more athletic, great shotblocker and has a shot too.
    3. KT is a small PF (can't handle Duncan, Wallace, Wilcox) and is too slow to play SF (can't stay with Marion, Finley, Bryant, etc....)

We need a backup SG who can give us 10-12 ppg, KT can definitely score us one.

RR: Orlando, Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, and Milwaukee could use a PF.

10. New Jack

New Jack Member

Eddie will definitely be the starting 4 of the future.

I see Kenny being the Malik Rose to Eddie's Tim Duncan. I think he's the perfect 'spark off the bench' player that the Rockets need. He can come in and immediately get some points and make things happen with his energy and hustle. He can backup both Eddie and Nachbar.

I think Taylor is the odd man out. I like him, but think he's more of a starter type of player. He seems to let the game come to him. I don't know if he'll do well off the bench. Plus, I think he's being paid too much to be a bench player.

11. ScottBrooks

ScottBrooks Member

No it is a glut that must be resolved. These 3 guys are all very talented and will all demand minutes.

MO T. is not going anywhere cuz of his contract.
    Eddie is not going anywhere cuz of his talent... and...
    KT is the odd man out... (and it is a darn shame)

KT is not going to play the 3... Rice, Nachbar, Morris.. what's that maybe Nachbar is quick enough to play some 2 guard... nope not a chance...

I'm interested to see what we get out of a KT deal... but there is little doubt in my mind that one must come...

I figure we look for a serviceable, cheap, injured reserve, Mark Bryant type player, and a future draft pick (likely first round)

12. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Hate to say it, but Taylor is the odd man out...Taylor will be dumped if Eddie shows he can handle it......

the problem is taylor needs to be showcased that his injury is heeled

I like all three, but crazy to carry Taylor and Griffin. I am also pondering, what was the intention of signing Mo like that if they had Griffin in their sights?

13. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Until Griffin can show he can handle starters minutes there's no reason to give up any of the 3. PT will be there for all 3 until Yao shows he can actually play and not get dominated from lack of strenght that only comes from the weight room.

Yao is gonna have a lot to prove because everyone is going to go after him this year. MoT is probably going to come out of the gate slow too after the injury so it would be pure stupidity to get rid of anyone until
    1) Griffin proves he's the man
    2) MoT proves he's healthy and ready to play
    3) Someone steps into the 3 role. It will be too much to ask a playoff team to expect Boki to do much in his rookie year. Playing too many rookies equals LOTTERY.

Steve and Cat want playoff time, don't expect any of the young guns to get radical minutes until their time is right or the vets ala Rice prove they just can't do it.

AWESOME SITE BY THE WAY.