1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' McGrady, coach refute report of heated exchange

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSherv, Nov 20, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

those are editorial pieces. this was a "news" piece.

if you think there is no tension b/t tmac and adelman/morey, you're crazy.

i think the only person who can resolve all this is les. i think the only person left tmac does trust in this organization is les.

2. joesr

joesr Member

I like that song

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You don't think journalists can manipulate quotes to fit their own agenda? What's more interesting, a closed-door conversation between the coach and his player or a shouting match between the two? He even mentions that t-mac 'slammed the door' as he went in. There probably is tension, I'm sure, but for it to have escalated to this? I don't think so. The media is all about hyperbole and I would be willing to bet that the situation is nowhere near as volatile as Woj is reporting.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yes, blame the messenger. Nothing really happened. :eek:

5. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

All I got to say is that the media is so much BS...

Im going to believe Chron because they actually interviewed RA and Tmac about the situation while Yahoo! just speculated about the situation from past situations. I dont get why they said Tmac and RA got into a heated argument at practice last week also...why wouldnt they have reported the situation then? I cant wait till Monday till hopefully all the BS blows over. But until then lets kill the Hawks!

6. Dei

Dei Member

God damn it, who the **** put his uniform there?

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be funny if TMAC showed up in uniform tonight... :eek:

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

One thing that I have not seen anyone point out yet:

What drama is he referring to? Yes, he was in and out of the lineup because of injuries and that was a distraction...but...drama? Any stories we missed last year? :confused:

9. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

The whole announcing his season ending surgery to the media before the organization may be the drama he's talking about. Adleman was really pissed that TMAC did that. Also, I remember the players seemed to really dislike McGrady last year, especially Artest because of his antics and not playing hard when he was on the court.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I believe Yahoo because they were the first one to say Yao Ming was out for the season this past summer. It wasn't Chronicle who broke the story about Yao, so I believe Yahoo has someone on the inside working for them. I believe it happened and knowing McGrady's history of trying to be the man. TMac did get Doc Rivers fired from the Magic, the same coach for the current Celtics. Whatever the case might be, they should just try to work things out, play TMac and trade him.

11. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

My guess is it happened just as yahoo reported and now the Rockets are trying to cover it up like they always do with regards to Grady.

12. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

I like the video ;]

13. aloha

aloha Member

yes, and if he missed 41 consecutive games, rox also can receive insurance money for his each additional missed game, 80% of his per-game salary.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This thread deserves bumping up with the Yahoo thread.

I sure do hope T-Mac is chomping at the bit. Maybe he's actually motivated in this, a contract season.

15. rockets2

rockets2 Member

So much for adelman being a angry ant about mcgrady dressing up.

16. hello2

hello2 Member

Here's what Jonathan Feigen said,

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/11/hawks_105_rockets_103_mcgrady_1.html

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol just because one source broke one story out of ten does not make it accurate on every article.

They did not lie about it. They just increased the drama there.

20. sergio

sergio Member

We want the soap opera to continue. Thats why we cant stop talking about it on these threads. We take simple conversations and blow them up just like the media does. Love hurts and we all love and need T-Mac wether we admit it or not. :grin: