1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 105, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

And from the Box Score....

Cbud made 2/3 from the 3 pt line today. So he made over 60% of his shots tonight. :)

2. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

Hey ladies, stop your complaining. We were down 10 and came back to tie the game against a team with the best record in the NBA. We're going beyond expectations without our big money players. You win some, you lose some. It may have been over the back on J. Smith, but oh wells. There's some calls that go our ways too at times. It's ok. Next time.

We'll keep proving the whole world we can still play with anybody!

3. worzel gummidge

i'm sorry i didn't realise you were 14.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thank you! Our Houston Rockets for a great game which was most entertaining to watch!
    Goes to show, against the best team in the NBA how good we are and how good we will be when Tracy McGrady & Yao Ming return to the line up.
    I hope the team will garner much confidence from this performance! :p

5. rockets2

rockets2 Member

You can talk....

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

The one positive to take away from this...Dallas is losing against the Kings right now.

7. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

I know it's all well and good for everyone to say "it's ok guys, we've done well to get to this point" in this game and the one against Phoenix, but it's not for me. Yes we have $40mill sitting on the bench, but we could have won this game except for a few bad decisions. When T-Mac comes back will everyone still be saying "Oh but we have $15mill sitting on the bench". At the end of the day we have to win, no excuses. Everyone makes mistakes, but we have to learn from them which I don't see us doing yet.

Trevor needs to take no more than 12 shots per game max, his other shots need to go to AB and CBud.

8. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

TRADE BATTIER NOW! >=0 lol jk. We played well tonight (exception of the last play D: ) Hopefully we could bounce back from this tough loss and create a small win streak :]

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We are as good as last years team. 7 and 6 record with close losses to the Lakers and the the team with the best record in the Nba on there turf. We need Mcgrady though. We would have won this game with him. We got lucky with the way Trevor and Aaron were making mistake after mistake in crunch time.

10. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Every single bench player is in the +ves for +/-, every single starter is in the -ves...why did we swap them all out half way through the 4th. Our starting line-up is too defensive right now, not enough scoring. Trevor needs less shots and either Tracy or CBud needs to take over from Shane and start at the 2. It's not saying CBud/Tracy is better than Shane, but it works better from a mix point of view. Like Manu coming off the bench in San Antonio.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

I think Adelman had Ariza and Brooks in there to get them some valuable playoff-type experience. Adelman tends to think Big Picture, and Long Term.

I would've preferred a W.

12. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

We need respect, we did very well the whole night, especially the rebs, but we lose also due to the reb--the last reb. **** you J. Smith

13. jaybiddyforeal

what a game by kyle tonight. atlanta had 22 fouls calls against them, kyle drew 9 of them including 3 on the offensive end.

tough to lose a game like that but we fought hard. cant be upset when we leave everything out on the court.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think he feels that these two have the best of making a big shot down the stretch,which works on occasions but tonight Ariza in particular couldn't do anything when it was needed most.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Hayes?

16. jaybiddyforeal

another interesting tidbit...

after tonights game

kyle lowry - 36.4% 3PTs
    aaron brooks - 35.4 % 3Pts

of course kyle has only attempted 19 to aarons 79 but still found this interesting...

17. number22

number22 Member

hayes slid over to help brooks who got beat by bibby. and no one moved back to smith. who was untouched for the putback. battier was boxing williams out. it was a great comeback just fell short.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Open and Contested 3's

I bet Kyle shoots more open 3's than Aaron.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Yeah, I know, your gotta b a special wholehearted number one full-on fan of the rockets who really gives a damn about how Rockets games goes. And I must say I made a grave mistake not to express my thoughts and emotions on an internet forum intended to do exactly that ;)...man I wish I never wrote in capitals to emphasis and highlight my words aye...cos lowercase and bland words mumbled out are really gonna express human emotions...I mean why did humans even invent punctuations such as "!" or "?" anyways?? ......next time I must pay a proof-reading agency to come and proof-read every word and punctuation I plan to post. ;) yeah!!!

Dude, your as big of an idiot as they come...because if it wasn't for these victories that we gain in November.....Im sure you'll be cheering the boys on wit great energy come April while the Rockets are all off to Hawaii.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Toyota Centre in May!!!

20. illwil29

illwil29 Member

What game where you watching? Ball was clearly off the rim. Rocket's just did not block out!