1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Well according to feigen adelman laughed when he saw tracy in uniform and saw nothing wrong with it. again, haters will believe otherwise. as i said earlier, four eyed wo********** from yahoo i causing crap.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Nothing really new but here is a small article from SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../rockets.tmac.ap/index.html?eref=twitter_feed

ATLANTA (AP) -- Tracy McGrady says he is ready to play. The Houston Rockets say he'll have to wait.

The seven-time All-Star had microfracture surgery on his left knee in February, but believes he's good enough to get back on the court. Houston coach Rick Adelman says it's too soon for McGrady to return, admitting there's a difference of opinion.
    The Rockets played the Atlanta Hawks on Friday night. The next step for McGrady is an MRI on Monday, which should shed more light on when he can play.

3. rockets2

rockets2 Member

That dosent mean they fight all he time. for gods sake according to feigen adelman and tracy were both on friendly terms all of wednesday. difference of opinion dosent = fight. nice try though.

4. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Yeah. Now, for those of you watching the Atlanta game. This is exactly what our team is missing. We play with intensity and energy during the first three quarters of the game, and maybe we play with intensity in the 4th, but the 4 losses we had a close game in the 4th and couldn't get it done.

I'm not saying that we can't get it done in the 4th without Tmac, because we've obviously won close games before, but it is an area we are lacking.

5. rockets934life

HUH??? When did I say they fight all the time??? I just posted an article I found online and unlike alot of posters I didn't feel like starting another thread over a one paragraph article about a topic we've beaten to death today. I bolded the part about the differences because it was the only thing I thought was remotely different... :confused:

6. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Regarding the whole insurance situation, people need to stop blaming Morey. It's not HIS money, it's Leslie Alexander's money. Alexander absolutely is pulling an Uncle Drayton on this, and deserves to shoulder the spot light. Saving money over fielding a more competitive team. I guess you can't blame him if you know about how the stock market has destroyed his wealth. It's obviously good business. If he has an opportunity to save this much cash, he'd do it. And without Yao, he came to the reasonable conclusion that we're not a championship team even with a healthy McGrady.

Now you know why Les was willing to throw cash at 2nd round draft picks like he's Paul Allen, because of all the dough he was saving from T-Mac's insurance clause.

7. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I don't think Les is intentionally benching the guy just for the money though. Tmac hasn't had a practice with the team yet (our last practice was on the 9th).

That would be stupid. If we bring McGrady back, you have to like our odds at making the playoffs even if it's just the first round. You get money for making the playoffs. Not to mention you are building your brand so that more of the casual fans in Houston will buy tickets next year and sell out more games.

8. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Well IMO this is a playoff team even if McGrady sits out all year long, so I don't agree with your point. IIRC Les is getting 80% of the contract back? That's a lot, and probably more than what a 1st round playoff appearance would generate.

9. rockets934life

A little more outspoken TMAC in this article from ESPN but pretty smae story...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/...ss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4675855

McGrady wants to play; Rockets say no

ATLANTA -- Tracy McGrady is eager to play. The Houston Rockets say he'll have to wait.

McGrady

The seven-time All-Star had microfracture surgery on his left knee in February, but insisted that he's fully recovered before Friday night's game against the streaking Atlanta Hawks.

"Right now, I could play," he said.

Not so fast. The Rockets believe McGrady needs more time and would risk hurting his knee again if he comes back too soon. The next step is an MRI on Monday.

"We have a difference of opinion," coach Rick Adelman said. "He wants to play. He's not ready to play. It's as simple as that."

Both sides denied a Yahoo! Sports report that the situation degenerated into a heated argument before the Rockets' previous game at Minnesota. The report quoted a person close to McGrady who was not identified.

"I don't know where that came from," McGrady said. "We talked but it was nothing that was reported like that. I mean, screaming and all."

Adelman shrugged off the report as "our world of the Internet."

"It seems like nowadays people want to dwell on one particular thing that may be newsworthy," he said. "Or maybe catch your eye when you look at it."

Whether the argument actually happened, it's clear that McGrady considers himself much further along in his recovery than the team's timetable.

"I don't know," he said. "It's all about what they want to do."

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's also good business in that it gives McGrady some extra time to continue to heal and get back in shape.

To sum it up very nice and tidy: saves the owner money, helps ensure the player's health and trade value

Now what exactly do people find so wrong about that? The one or two extra wins we might have at this point in the season?

11. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Ok... so you are saying that without Tmac we will make the playoffs, and lose in the first round. But with McGrady we'll make the playoffs and lose in the first round. Is that what you are saying?

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you there. I'm not going to sit here and say "oh we'll win a title if Tmac comes back". But you put all this faith that Ariza, Brooks, Budinger, and Landry can all average around 15 points a game for the first time in their careers, and then you guys turn around and can't give McGrady a shot?

The potential for our team is so much greater with Tmac than without. Last year when we had Artest and Yao I would be with you.

-----------

And another point... up to this point last year we had a better record. But were all the players on our team playing up to par? Battier was injured, Artest, McGrady, and Yao were struggling with injuries. Maybe a role player or two had a streak of a few bad games. But we were still winning at a higher clip than we have this year, because we had the talent that could pick up the slack.

So what happens when that happens this season? You can't expect all of our players to stay completely healthy and play at this level all season. Sure, you have Ariza or Brooks have a bad game every now and then, but what if they go into a slump? We go on a losing streak, that's what.

That's where having a guy like McGrady would come in handy. Our depth sucks right now.

12. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I never said that. All I'm saying is we're good enough to make it without him, and make Les his playoff money, so the whole not playing him to gain insurance money point is still valid. We're probably not championship good unless Yao miraculously comes back or we make a trade, but I do think we're possibly 2nd round good with T-Mac.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BREAKING NEWS: here's tmac and cook poppin' off at each other. look at their reactions towards one another, jesus.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

t_mac1 can you please give us links to those photos?

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

oh i just get it from getty images. those are the only pics. i don't know what chinese sites others get their pics from. sorry man.

however, he looks as great physically as i have ever seen him in the past few years. and he doesn't appear to wear any kind of brace/protection for his knee.

hopefully resolutions come soon on monday.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

ok thanks. we need a chinise fan to post all those pictures because I am sure they are available like those

http://sports.sohu.com/20091020/n267533177_2.shtml