1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

The Rockets will punish him, by not talking to him and giving him information, and thus preventing the beat writer from doing his job.

This is how it goes for the local paper's beat writer for a sports team in any city basically. They almost have to be an organization mouthpiece to do their job.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

History says otherwise.

That said, I do feel the team's probably holding out for something. They don't really care for T-Mac. And T-Mac realizes how quickly his next contract's dropping as a result of our play without him.

3. rockets2

rockets2 Member

He reported the friction between francis and adelman. he reported mcgrady not being happy to.so if they were going to sanction him, they would have done it by now.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Even though these sources may not be true, but we can see it's all about the insurance money, and man it's really clear he is not gonna be back in the rockets uniform, even though i think he is %100 read for an NBA type of games, but HE IS NOT COMING BACK, the organization dont want him anymore, even though i think it's unfair, i think he deserve another chance of proving himself...

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I have speculated before that insurance could be an issue, but the fact that it is Adelman and not just Morey saying Tmac isn't ready that leads me to think it's not about or at least not just about the money. Adelman's job is to care about the wins, and as a coach his career and reputation is judged by wins and losses, not how much money he saves for his owner. If Adelman says Tmac is not ready, I'm more inclined to believe Adelman's take on the matter over Morey's or Tmac's.

6. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

If this article is even remotely true, I would hate to see the rockets fall into a knicks marbury situation. To be a team that has bad press. I always took pride in the way our Houston teams conducted business. They always seemed to have respect for their players and themselves as an organisation. I can't remember the last time Houston has had a situation like marbury, or a Stephen Jackson... Oh wait now I do, but it doesn't count because it was Pippen. What a scumbag!*

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

No, that's what it was. Your summary using quotes was legit. This was a hastily put together McGrady bashing post.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is pretty telling.

I am guessing McGrady loses the vast majority of his trade value when he steps on the court because the insurance stops. Right now he can be traded and the team who recieves him can sit him and collect money, but if he plays then that goes out the window. Furthermore, if the league knows there is heat here, his trade value goes down because the Rockets will seem desperate.

This situation is pretty messed up to be perfectly honest. Its really not fair to McGrady, but he did bring some of this on himself. I don't really know how to feel about this, both sides are victims and in the wrong. Its like seeing my two best friends getting divorced :(

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

Too many people are forgetting about last season.

To all the people that say McGrady knows his body best, do ya'll not remember when he flipped a coin to see whether or not he was going to play an hour later?

Adelman and Morey are giving McGrady a chance. They are waiting until the MRI! Stop being impatient like McGrady. Don't blame them for going the safe route to make sure his knee is fine.

I don't understand how McGrady can't understand them. They trusted his view of his body last season, and now it is obvious that he doesn't know his body the best. Hell, we shouldn't be taking one word McGrady says seriously. (It's on me. Bring a championship to Houston. I'll be a fierce T-Mac. Blah blah blah.)

I don't trust whatever T-Mac says. I'll trust the MRI.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Based on the perspective given to the story by the "source" of the leaks, why are we giving any credence to this version of events at all? Some fans never learn...

"I feel like I'm back to normal."
    "My knee's all better now."
    "I did some hard conditioning with my trainer, I haven't felt this good in years."
    "I'm back!"

These are the things he said LAST YEAR people. How many times does he have to cry wolf for you to stop listening? Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice...well you're not gonna fool me twice heheh. :eek:

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Just wait for the MRI.

He is eager to play, that's good to hear, but I trust an MRI more than a High School educated basketball player.

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

yes but mac has been working his butt off this offseason.
    He has never looked as bad as he did last season and he still had good games!!

It's clear this is all bout insurnce payments. Rockets need to tread carefully with this situation.
    Mac did wrong by the. Club last year and it's biting him in the butt! Apart from
    last year he has played his butt off for this team and for that he should get a chance to show what he has left. If he goes well then he is excellent trade bait, but clearly he isn't in the rockets future so what they decide to do is I'm their hands.
    Moreys prefrence I'm sure is to get a all star type or young talent, to get that tmac must play, so y not sooner then later an let this situation drag on an get worse??

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

larsv8: See my post above, I think it's more than just the money. It's Adelman's job to put the best team on the court and get wins. If he feels his best team is w/o the current version of McGrady that he sees in practice, how is this Adelman's fault?

14. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

How does he know if mac hasn't played a minute on the floor?? It can't just be Adlemans call, this team would rather get good talent back for tmac, simple as that. He has to play, the sooner we get it over the sooner we can move forward. He has been a good rocket but this team neeeds to move on.

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

But we still don't know if TMac is fit or it's just that the time is fit for TMac to start playing and get another contract before he retires. We still don't know which one is true.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Insurance is paying for McGrady's salary. If McGrady ever plays, I think the insurance is off. Which means if McGrady plays and is NOT ready, then the rockets would've lost millions of dollars.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

He knows because he sees him in practice! And assigning minutes is Adelman's call. If you think it's just about the insurance money, then explain why Adelman and not just Morey or Les is saying Tmac isn't ready. Adelman's livelihood isn't affected by how much Les pays Tmac, it is affected by results on the court.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is HILARIOUS!

"Hey Tmac . . . remember how they treated me on my return . . . I thought I was ready . .. coach didn't . .. my fans saif GIVE ME A SHOT . How does it feel to get that same treat?" - Steve Francis

"Man . . .it sucks! " - TMac

The TMAC Only fans were SCREAMING about Francis being selfish and to trust the coach
    not
    a total 180 when it is THEIR GUY twisting in the wind

Rocket River
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Maybe, but then why not give him his 15 minutes in preseason.

This is clearly a money issue.

20. PeppermintCandy

Ditto. The Rockets have little to gain and everything to lose by letting McGrady play before getting the doctors' final OK and being 100% certain. But it makes me wonder if McGrady's personal doctors are telling him there's no need for such a confirmation.

Thanks Yahoo for clarifying the insurance situation regarding McGrady's contract. I wonder if Yao's contract is covered the same way.

OTOH the whole "wearing the jersey on the 18th" drama is really annoying. Grow up, T-Mac.