1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[yahoo] McGrady and Adelman in heated argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keez857, Nov 20, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

That's exactly what Adelman wants to avoid. A repeat of last season's situation.

2. rockets2

rockets2 Member

If this is true and i highly doubt it, then both parties need to just say thank you for the memories and good by. Let him go and we might get something in return. if we let him expier, he sure as hell coming back. so lets get something in return. mcgrady will still be a devestating player, shame it might not be with us.

3. HookemHorns1250

Oh, to be a fly on the wall there.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

5. worzel gummidge

Good for you, if that's what you understood.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

"You will be iso'ed by us!" -RA

Looks like Tracy's gonna be Iversoned...

7. HookemHorns1250

People need to relax a bit before over reacting to this. Yes, it sounds bad, but this was going to happen. T-Mac, being a competitor wants to play, Rick doesn't want to rush him or has other plans for him.

Put yourself in Tracy's shoes, and you really believe you can play, and this is your contract year. You'd be pretty upset to that your not on the court..

That being said, as I mentioned before, Rick has the upper hand right now, and if he feels Tracy isn't ready then he's not. However, I believe McGrady has earned his chance to prove if he has anything left. The Tracy bashing on this forum is getting borderline ridiculous. It's as if people forget that he did bust his butt a lot for this team in the past. Yes, he made some mistakes, but that doesn't just erase everything he did. (Yes, I know we didn't make it to the second round with him, but to try and act like he didn't bust his butt for us in the past is idiotic.) If he does come back, and doesn't give 100 percent effort, then just part ways. But he deserves a shot.

Also, the "T-Mac" only fans are driving me up the wall as well. Cheer for the dang players on the court. If T-Mac is dressed and playing, you better be pulling for him, or you need to check your status as a Rockets fan. Same goes to Yao, same goes to every player out there. Your a rockets fan first.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a drama fest, and that it was blown out of proportion.

P.S. - Sorry for the novel :(

1 person likes this.
  8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Probably much sensationalism about nothing, yet again. I'm sure Adelman and McGrady had a discussion after McGrady dressed up in his jerseys Wednesday night before changing back to civilian clothes. It was a bit of a protest, and Adelman probably got a little upset about it and they had a bit of an argument behind closed doors. Someone hears about it and leaks it to the media.

Cue Yahoo Sports: "Following months of seeding mistrust between the Rockets and their once-franchise player ..."

I hate media sensationalism. It's disgusting at times. An outsider unfamiliar with the situation would read that and immediately think this was another Knicks/Marbury type situation.

I do agree that this could become a lot worse if the Rockets continue to hold him out for much longer, but I think most people seem to realize that at this point. As for this ... this is a non-story.

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Well said.

lol @ the only sensible poster here getting swarmed by "Oh I am sorry to say that but we need TMac" fans.

10. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

just trade him already. i wanna see tmac play even if it's on another team

11. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Tottaly agreed. i think yahoo spreading nonsense again. if there was an argument, Feigen would have reported it.

12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Feigan will not report such things.

13. rockets2

rockets2 Member

You're kidding right?. dont tell me because the rockets will punish him?. :rolleyes:

14. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

We want Tracy???

The day this chant spreads across Toyota Center will be a day to remember

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

please post a link to any article feigen has ever authored which shows the rockets organization, it's owner, or it's coaching staff in a negative light. thanks in advance

16. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

no . I have not seen Feigan reporting arguments etc in the locker room.

Fran might.. but we have to wait for him to write an article for nba.com. . and as you might already know.. fran might exaggerate even a simple Mcgrady issue into something devastating..

17. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

Ok, before I say anything I would like to point I am a die hard Tracy McGrady fan. I am also a die hard Rockets fan. To be honest, we should not be hating on Tracy McGrady, do you really want him to rot on the bench? Think about it this way. Say you don't give him a chance, he has all the time in the world to train and everything. Next season, some team signs him really cheap because they haven't seen what he can produce. Then blows up proving everyone wrong. On the other hand, you see what he has right now and if he fits good, that would be a positive, if he busts then whatever happens, happens. A chance is really all he needs, given that chance I honestly believe Tracy McGrady will produce for us, whether it be rebounding, scoring or passing. I don't expect Tracy McGrady to post 25+ a game, but what the Rockets really do lack is a closer, something the Rockets do not have at the moment. There might be some nights where we do finish strong, but in close games, you need a guy who can create a shot or draw the defense and kick it out. Having watch every game this season, I have yet to see a consistent closer for the Rockets. Lets hope he comes back healthy, because either way its a win win situation. He will produce and play or bust and be benched or traded. :eek: (SORRY FOR THE LENGTH) :eek:

18. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Dude has put in alot of work to get his body in shape to play. He says hes ready, he would know better than anyone. Just let the guy do what he does.

19. RedRaiderRocket

The two main paragraphs in this article are...

Sources say McGrady has started to wonder whether the Rockets want him back with this team, or whether they’ve been motivated to let him sit and collect on insurance money. Assuming that McGrady is covered under the NBA’s Temporary Total Disability (TTD) insurance policy, Houston can start to collect up to 80 percent of his prorated per-game salary after he’s missed 41 consecutive games. McGrady sat out his 42nd straight game Wednesday in Minnesota, and the league insurance plan would reimburse the Rockets for any additional missed games.

Wednesday’s incident wasn’t the first testy exchange recently between Adelman and McGrady. They also argued in a practice session last week. In the preseason, sources say McGrady asked management to let him play approximately 12 to 15 minutes total in two exhibition games to gauge where he stood in his comeback. The organization, sources say, told him he would need to pass a standardized conditioning test. McGrady did but still stayed on the sideline.

I have felt for a long time if T-mac feels good why not have the MRI today why wait Monday to see if he is ready to go but it all comes down to $$$ and collecting on his insurance policy. I am not going to pick a side of who is to blame but Adelman and Morey own all the cards, and as long as the Rockets keep winning and the chemistry keeps building the Rockets will continue to cash in on his insurance policy. The further this drags on though the further it will hurt T-mac and the image of the Rockets where I assume T-mac will file a grievance.

20. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

This is getting interesting.