1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry to say this but we need T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Nov 17, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

seriously, your bias cannot get any worse. battier struggled v. ak47 and harpring defensively in that series, and adelman had to switch tracy onto them many times and he slowed them down each time.

regular season, fine. he does take plays off defensively. playoffs, i could sit down and watch every game with you right now and dare you to point out a play where he "rests" on defense.

2. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Great reply.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I dare you to look with unbiased eyes.

The sooner he gets traded, the better.

DD

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So what if I've never played organized basketball. I pick up the paper everyday and read about tons of bull**** political public relations debates, and the one regarding T-Mac and the Rockets is no different. What don't you understand?

5. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Do you not know what hustle is? I mean...dive for loose balls, fight for the boards, LOOK AT SHANE BATTIER. He does everything BATTIER DOESN'T DO. They are literally complete opposites, the only thing they have in common is they can shoot 3s and that's it.

McGrady is a gifted offensive player, Nobody is denying that, but he's a complete wuss that plays for himself. Why can't people understand this? Really, IT seems like people only appreciate T-Mac because there is nothing to appreciate about.

6. t_mac1

tracy played the most minutes in that series.
    utah entered the series averaging 106 points on 50%fg during the reg. season
    in the series, utah averaged 90 points on 44% fg.

we're not talking about last year. we're talking about the playoffs. i just claimed tracy does slack off during the reg. season. you're saying he rests on defense to get his stats in the playoffs. seriously? does your brain actually come up with these ridiculous logic?

7. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

lol.................. ;)

I think T-Mac changed his number to 3 so he can only be eliminated in the 3rd round now.

8. rockets2

rockets2 Member

No he means tmac has been keeping he's beloved yao back for years. this guy on other sites is a celtics fan. he's not even a rockets fan...this is the same guy who was starting the tmac is'nt a point forward threads.

9. DaDakota

I am saying he got his averages by dominating the ball, taking most of the shots and yes, sometimes resting on defense....defintly by taking the weaker offensive threat....because Shane was taking on the better offensive player.

So, yes, resting is a way to look at it.......especially since you guys are going on his entire playoff career to get his stats elevated.....

BTW, he is less efficient in the playoffs, and gets his points by playing more minutes and taking more shots.

I get that you guys like him.....and he can do no wrong in your eyes.

Me, I want him gone, so the organization can get further into the playoffs.

He is like the tiki from the Brady bunch...bad Mojo !!

DD

10. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

So Do I......................But Just patiently wait and keep quiet about it. There is no convincing these T-Mac apologists that defend T-Mac all day and don't even care about the Rockets. The Rockets life will be a lot easier once T-Mac's 1st round Losing Butt is gone. Once he leaves, The Rockets will finally have potential of winning something.

11. t_mac1

are you generalizing AGAIN? a poster brought up the jazz series, and you claimed he rests on D in that series.

how the hell do you rest on defense guarding ak47 and harpring? tell me how. the jazz's offense is always in constant motion. if you rest, the cutter will kill you.

so since tracy played the most minutes in that series, if he did rest on defense, the defense would have suffered mightily (just like how tracy did hurt us defensively last year due to his porous defense).

i don't care what your feelings are of mcgrady.

for the bolded part, who was shane guarding on the jazz that was a "better offensive player." are you generalizing AGAIN?

12. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Bizzlerockets, or should i say, roketsgreatness, finalcountdown, itruwarrior, ilovenba, dreamyaokobe, tmacolajuwon, kg5mvp....damn fraud. you are a and celtics fan on insidehoops.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think the more important question is why Shane guarding the best offensive player is being discussed like it's strange?

14. t_mac1

and DD, i guess you also think tracy "rested" on D v. dallas in 04-05 to pump up his stats too.

15. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

I love how the only way you can defend T-Mac's defensive efforts by guarding Dirk in the 05' Playoffs. Look T-Mac apologists, Nobody is saying Tracy can't defend anybody or he's an idiot and doesn't know how to defend. We are saying that he's too lazy to play defense, too much of a wuss and requires too much effort. T-Mac could have easily been an All-Defensive Player when he was on the Orlando Magic in his prime, if he put slightly more effort into it. But he didn't, which is why he sucks defensively....

Because He's even LESS consistent and gives even LESS effort than Kobe does on defense. Something most Kobe criticizers say when they try to hate on him.

16. t_mac1

it's not strange. the jazz didn't have a dominant perimeter offensive player. during that series, there was a lot of talk in the game threads in regards to how shane struggled to guard ak47/harpring and tracy had to be on them. shane, for some reason, can't seem to guard those kinds of players. JVG and adelman both switched shane onto brewer numerous times b/c he had trouble guarding them.

that's why i take offense to DD saying tmac "rests" on defense. the 2 teams he had faced in the playoffs with us are dallas and utah.

he obviously played tremendous defense v. dirk.
    and he obviously played very good defense v. utah.

it's fine that DD is still having flashbacks of last year in his head. that's fine. then talk about last year. it's obvious he's making things up to back up his point.

17. DaDakota

Ok, whatever you say.....Tmac is Greatn't.

I thought we were talking about his playoff performance and his playoff averages, which encompass all 38 games.....but, I am sure he was busy guarding those two offensive juggernauts AK47 and Harpring....

DD

18. t_mac1

so who was the "better offensive player" that tracy didn't guard on the jazz? or dallas?

19. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Check out the sig. This will happen ;)

20. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

So T-Mac is going to be the new ball boy later this season? Don't you think it requires too much effort and hustle for him to get the job done?