1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry to say this but we need T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Nov 17, 2009.

1. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Interesting, You must have had a coach/team must have not cared about winning. Let's see, So you are telling me even though you are a Basketball player yourself, You support players that......Don't Play Defense, Don't Crash the boards, Avoid Contact as much as possible, Doesn't Hustle, and quits on teams? Sorry, but I only played organized basketball once in my life and I can already tell you that no coach unless he's doing illegal drugs would support that.

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. If I could give rep out then I would definitely give it to this post. Everything you said I agree with wholeheartedly.

3. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Really then what was he doing in 08 plying on one knee and shoulder and pushing the jazz to 6 games with a horrid lineup?. he averaged 28-7-6 in that series. he averaged 35 pts 8 boards 7 assists in the last two gmes at a clip of 55%. he had 40 pts 10 boards 5 assists in the game 6 in utah on 17 of 26 shooting.......go read magics comments that mcgrady was'nt at fault in that series.

Even last year with a shonky knee he tried to play but obviously that injury was to much. btw, is tmac a POINT FORWARD?... DWIGHT>YAO. haaahaha. weiordo with a million id's

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Im sorry but have you seen Tracy's number in the playoffs? They are great. Tell me he doesn't hustle or doesn't care about the team. Yeah T-mac has said some stupid things off the court past few seasons, but that doesnt take away what he has been to this team, do you think without t-mac we would have made the playoffs the first couple seasons? Injuries have taken a toll on him but it is unfair to say that he is not in anyways been important or a need for this team, because he has been

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html

G MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS FG% 3P% FT% MP PTS TRB AST

38 1603 387 900 56 186 254 336 56 261 236 51 42 122 88 1084 .430 .301 .756 42.2 28.5 6.9 6.2

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how about you take a look at tmac's playoff stats and then edit your post? his playoff stats negate everything you just said.

6. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Ever heard of the term empty stats? Because that's what he posts. It's something Zach Randolph has posted since his rookie year, It's something T-Mac's cousin Vince Carter did in New Jersey and It's something T-Mac does now. Accept reality and move along.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

his stats were perfect last year, that's how we got to the 2nd round.

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

If Tmac can come in and just keep the ball moving and not slow the offense down, I think he'll be a great addition. His shot will have to be respected and he can put in on the floor. I think he'll buy into it. If not, the trade will come quickly.

9. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

Yep as consistent as Allen Iverson's playoff stats last season.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

McGrady in playoffs = huge usage rate, very low TS% (.478 during his last 2 playoffs). Using lots of possessions, generally inefficient when he tried to score.

Oh yeah, and he lost every playoff series he's ever been in. Not all his fault, but having the guy who uses most possessions and burns the most shot lock shooting better than .478 (or the .517) TS% would have helped the team with having a better chance at winning.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe i'm just one of the few Rocket fans who think that every time we lose a game that it was because Tmac wasn't there and if we win, we would have won by more points cause of Tmac.

And when everytime some Kobe fan tells me about championships and MVPs I tell them look at Tmac's stats!

And when the Rockets win in the playoffs, I can say if we had Tmac we would have won it all.

And when we lose, I don't feel sad, cause Tmac will be healthy and when he is healthy, he can carry a team like Dwayne Wade and LeBron James.
    It's true you know, cause some people have done it on the video game NBA 2K06 and 07 and 09!

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

you don't "not hustle" and put up 27, 8, and 7 while playing hurt.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so are you saying we got to the 2nd round because tmac wasn't playing?

14. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Put the 08, 05, 07 rockets against the blazers and they'll win easy.hence tmac would be out of the first round. circumstances havent been to kind to him.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just rest on D....

:grin:

No proof pure conjecture, the evidence is tossed out of the court !

DD

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

u seriously think he wasn't one of our best defenders in that series? tracy was literally everywhere on both ends of the court in that series.

17. rockets2

rockets2 Member

When you have bobby jax as you're starting PG or the years before that ryan bowen as you're starting lineup PF he is forced to be the man. look at the teams he's had and you'll see why he's usage is so high. it's miracle some of those orlando teams even made the playoffs.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Uhhhhhh.....ok.

DD

19. rockets2

rockets2 Member

So you're saying the 04-5 or the 07-08 rockets would have lost to the inexpierenced blazers?. are you kidding me?.

20. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Go ask Dirk how bad tmac's defense was. honestly, you're just blinded by hate. i expect that from bizzlerockets because he has a long history of having multipale id's with all serving on purpose.he is a yao-only-fan who goes around the net bashing mcgrady because he was taking yao's glory.