1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry to say this but we need T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Nov 17, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hk__kWf2kXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hk__kWf2kXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/

2007-08 NBA Houston Rockets* 55 27 .671 3 4.84 106.8 101.6 Lost Western Conference First Round Adelman (55-27)
    2006-07 NBA Houston Rockets* 52 30 .634 3 5.04 106.0 100.7 Lost Western Conference First Round Van Gundy (52-30)
    2005-06 NBA Houston Rockets 34 48 .415 5 -1.31 101.6 103.3 Van Gundy (34-48)
    2004-05 NBA Houston Rockets* 51 31 .622 3 4.26 106.2 101.7 Lost Western Conference First Round Van Gundy (51-31)

----------------------

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

you forgot to post his playoff stats from those years. take a look at his stats and tell me he has no heart.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the difference is hakeem is retired. tmac is still a rocket. why don't you realize this? tmac has a chance to suit up as a rocket again whereas hakeem does not, lol. we, as rockets fans, have to hope that tmac can come back and return to even a flash of his former self.

you can hate tmac all you want, but you know that if he is cleared to play, you'd still want to give him a chance to see if he could produce. it's worth a chance, is it not?

4. Got Em

Got Em Member

LMFAO!!! what happens next? we wake up??

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do I care about stats? I'm a Rockets fan, I care about winning.

I'm tired of people on this board abusing the word
    CLUTCH.

Go back to Rockets 101: Why the word Clutch is used for the Rockets organization

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clutch_City

Clutch City is a nickname given to the city of Houston, Texas after the Houston Rockets won two NBA Championships in 1994 and 1995. The name was given as a response to a front-page headline by The Houston Chronicle declaring Houston as "Choke City," It also refers to the clutch performance showed by the Rockets during their championship years. The nickname has also been used in other Houston teams.

Background

Choke City was a Houston Chronicle front-page headline in 1994, given to the City of Houston after the Houston Rockets blew very big leads in the first two games of their second round of their match-up with the Phoenix Suns in the 1994 NBA Playoffs.
    [edit] 1993-1994 season

In Rudy Tomjanovich's second full year as head coach, the Rockets began the 1993–94 season by tying an NBA record with start of 15–0.[1] Led by Olajuwon, who was named the MVP and Defensive Player of the Year,[2] the Rockets won a franchise-record 58 games.[3][4] The Rockets recovered from being two games down to the Phoenix Suns in the second round of the playoffs,[5] to advance to the finals.[3] Houston once again went down by three games to two to the New York Knicks, but they managed to win the last two games on their home court, and claim their first championship in franchise history.[4] Olajuwon was awarded the Finals MVP, after averaging 27 points, nine rebounds and four blocked shots a game.[2]

6. Got Em

Got Em Member

lolol our hopes of seeing tmac produce again are as good as hakeem's.

7. Got Em

Got Em Member

the best thing about tmac is he ONLY produces in the playoffs. who does he think he is- tmac???

8. Dream Shake 81

He wasn't at the game last night.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No one seemed to complain when we were having 50+ winning seasons regardless of playoff results which I already discussed.

No one seemed to complain when we went on a 22 game winning streak.

Everyone praised the Rockets and were happy we were winning. Sure we weren't a elite, but that has a lot more to do with a few things than T-mac not being clutch:

1) We didn't have a legit PF until 07-08 season.
    2) Our PG kept bricking shots most of the season except for when he got hot a few times a seasons. Granted, I still defended Rafer since he was the BEST option we had but that doesn't mean that he didn't hurt this team with his horrendous shooting.
    3) We had a crappy bench. Our bench hasn't been relevant in most of T-mac's years.
    4) Health.

10. Got Em

Got Em Member

BAN.

how did this guy even get a clutchfans account?? i went to the phoenix game with him last night and he started losing faith in the THIRD QUARTER- the . can someone start a TOF forum bc this guy will be more suited to post there.

BAN.

11. Got Em

Got Em Member

fixed.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No one complained cause we had the personell to run screen and rolls & halfcourt offenses with Tracy and Yao.

Now is not the time to slow the tempo and look for a 1 on 1 with Tracy running the point forward.

Then it could be done because we had Yao in the middle. Yes we had lesser role players but now we don't, we have great players that move the ball, well!

The biggest concern would be when/if Tracy returns he will be the ballstopper he was once before and disrupt the chemistry and accomplishments of this team so far this season.

It would be great if we could just throw him in, in the 4th quarter and not the entire game so he can be the "playmaker" he once was, but no one here knows exactly what Tracy is returning.

The Tracy that dunked on Shawn Bradley in the playoffs or the Tracy that got hung and embarrased in Milwuakee.

We don't know yet. This team is good and winning, if he comes back and delays progress what will we do then? Sit him on the bench and reduce his value even more?! I'm sure Morey will not look forward to that happening, I sure wouldn't.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

you were the one that said you were hopeful that tmac could come back this year and produce! lol! contradicting yourself sucks huh?

14. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Sometimes i think were just trying to squeeze a dollar out of a dime with Chuck Hayes. Ya he is a great defender but I think he would be even better off the bench with Landry.

Ariza doesnt really create his own shot very well its ugly watching him dribble the ball sometimes.

Brooks and Ariza can put up points but they are not very consistent night in night out.

We definately need some upgraded personnel may it be a big man or a go-to-guy at the end of the game. Or both really. Those guys would typically be Yao and Tracy. But i have a feeling that even if they let him play they would only be showcasing Tracy for a trade.

We have a great team that doesn't quit but we NEED SOME ELITE TALENT. We have Yao in our back pocket now we need a number 1 option and a go-to-guy to close out the 4th quarter. Other wise we look like what we really are without some true all-stars a .500 team.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i think you should care about his stats in the playoffs because if you looked at them, there's no way you can blame all those playoff losses solely on tmac.

he plays his heart out in the playoffs. he's also been hurt in the last 2 playoff series he's played in and still put up some pretty amazing numbers.

people never give him any credit for that. i'd like to see you try to put up 27, 8, and 7 while playing hurt.

16. Got Em

Got Em Member

LFMAO as a ROCKETS FAN we all root for the best interests of the TEAM, different from TOFs who blindly cheer for said player without any remnant of faith in the larger team.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We still have the personnel screen and rolls with T-mac. With Landry, Andersen and Scola you can run a pick and roll or a pick and pop.

I doubt McGrady is going to slow down the tempo THAT much as much as people think he would. Back in the day though, who in the hell did he have to run the break with him? Yao was too slow and our PF's were never good enough to finish while being trailers. Shane Battier has never been a good transition player himself. This year though, we have the personnel and I'm sure McGrady can adapt. He would be stupid not to considering that is giving us success.

Whether T-mac can dunk like he did on Bradley or he blocks himself like in Milwaukee the fact is that he can still create plays for people. This a gift that Tracy has not a skill that diminishes because of surgery. Like I said earlier, he might not have the same quickness when he comes back but he can be put in the high post and let cutters cut or set up teammates for easier shots. His first step might not be as quick, but he still has the handles to get by his man and make the defense collapse.

Ariza and Brooks, although they have been awesome are going to benefit from T-mac's presence. The reason I say this is because Brooks will be able to play off the ball more and hopefully this will create more open opportunities for him. Ariza on the other hand, needs to stop dribbling the ball into traffic and trying to split defenders and also stop his lean in shot. Ariza is much better as cutter, slasher and spot up shooter.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

19. Got Em

Got Em Member

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Last two playoff series:

2006-2007: 39.4% FG, 25% 3PT, 73.7% FT, 3 turnovers a game
    2007-2008: 42.5% FG, 20.8% 3PT, 62.3% FT, 3 turnovers a game