1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True Religion jeans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yonkers, Nov 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I had never heard of True Religion Jeans, so I did a google search to see what they look like. I could never wear those jeans. They don't look like something a man would wear.

2. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

QFT

For me its all about the fit. I've worn both regular jeans and designer denim. I never really liked old navy, gap jeans. I went into a stage where i would only wear higher quality denim (chip&peppers, evisu, jetlag, etc) My all time favorite where evisu, (not the hip hop style) which are obviously higher quality than old navy, lee, wranglers.

Now I found some levi's skinny jeans that fit great and cost much less ($50-$60) Granted I still have my more expensive denim that i wear from time to time cause theyve lasted me so long. (over 5 years)

3. cshen

cshen Member

Marketing is everything

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

never heard of this brand.....and never really liked the diesel or seven jeans either....they never fit well when trying them....in any case...i like levi's, kenzo, and brioni jeans

5. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Actually, if you bothered to do a little research in to them, you would realize that their stock prices aren't because of lack of demand or quality.

The problem became that Crocs were supposed to be a disposable product, they were supposed to be replaced every year. However, as it turns out, those things last forever. Why get another one if the one you bought last year is still good to go?

So the company sales forecasts were based on the idea that the consumers would buy a replacement every year. Obviously these forecasts did not get met and now the company is in the gutter. Unfortunately, the companies downfall was in making a product that was too durable.

Also, I don't know how anyone thought this was overpriced. Crocs look freaking ugly, but they are about $20 and the most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

A lot of man cards have been lost in this thread.

7. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

As far as these $200-300 jeans are concerned. I highly doubt if they got used as frequently or with as less care as the $50 jeans they would last as long. I am assuming the $200 jeans are only used by you guys 1-2 weekends a month for 3-6 hours at a time. The $50 jeans are probably the ones that you wear 2+/week and for 8 or 12 hours at a time.

Also, you are more likely to do things that are going to cause more wear in a $50 jeans. Where the only hazard your $200 jeans have is the drunk falling and vomiting. I think it has more to do with perception than anything else. The dude that buys the $200 jeans because he is rich and can afford them is one thing. Then there is the dude that thinks that the $200 jeans will get him laid and will spend a significant portion of his budget to wear them. The dude who thinks it takes $200 jeans to get laid, probably is not getting laid.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm more shocked at their ugliness rather than their price.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I've had just plain ol' standard jeans last for over 20 years. I'd still have them if I could get in to them. (32's) Wear them for 3 or 4 days, wash em, put them on again next week.

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Same here, I also like the "Lucky You" patch they have on the fly. :grin:

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Look, I can totally see a use for these jeans.
    Unfortunately, that use is attracting swimsuit models named Roberto.

2 people like this.