1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve will sign the extension ONLY if....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasG

TexasG Member

That's why it won't be anounced yet as what the exact dollar amount of the contract is. Thay have to know what the amount of the salary cap will be. 98 mil was just an estimation. Dirk has the exact same deal.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

aelliot :- these numbers seem stagering! Do you think the Rox can go for such amounts or will they need to trim a little inorder to pay others as the years roll by? JW

3. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Batman you or any of you people on this board (majority being in highschool or under 17 years of age)
    who do not wanna believe me, I frankly do not care Steve does not set anyone up he finds this website amusing to say the least especially when you guys hate on Cato so much who has NBA experience.

I was at the Games where Ming played and Frankly I am not impressed he lacks bulk.
    After reading several post from others saying Ming will start is NUTS.
    You guys like to make fun and post your comments so you can get pats on the backs from your cyber buddies.

Steve is a friend of mine you guys can't accept that no skin off my back. I post what Im able to.

This is soley to those who find entertainment in makin smart a$$ comments like this one.

Sir Jackie Chiles you ban yourself you wanna start lynching I find a majority of the posters on here only get their post #'s higher by bashing others......

Roc paint he wears a XXXL

Pippendagimp ....nuff said..not even worth it

Dennis2112 Francis is extremely intelligent when it comes to negotiations...here is why

Steve calls the shots and Ming has been told this.
    Steve can make any demands on what he wants and more than likely he will get them.
    Steve regardless of his health issues Rocket are not concerned it is very minor and has been tackled.
    Steve is the key to the Rockets winning a 3rd and all the players know this.
    I do not take up for Steve because he is my friend I take up for him because bottom line is without Steve they are another team in the lottery.

On a side note Griffin has been working out with an upper body condition coach so you will see Super Griff very soon!

And I will say it again NO PLAYOFFS NO RUDY.

And just so you people know Steve is very pumped about this season never seen him before as pumpd as he is...
    Someone earlier mentioned the story about Hakeem coming back, and again they get bashed....

Toronto is wanting to buyout Hakeem's contract.
    I am all for Hakeem coming back and Mentoring Ming.

Everyone enjoy the new uni's I have seen concepts of what they will look like....
    The teeth are gone.....................................................................

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Maybe people would be more willing to accept you as an "insider" if :

1) You weren't such an ass
    2) You weren't wrong all the time.

Your story has changed dramatically from post to post, and yet, each time - its wrong. Thats remarkable, even a fake insider should be able to get it correct once in a while.

5. mduke

mduke Member

lol Pued

6. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

thats all i wanted to know...:D

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I was just stating that Steve could hook-up Ming w/ some clothes if he wanted to.
    "Size Matters" :)

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Troy,

I'm kind of curious as to why you didn't address the fact that your insider info is impossible under the NBA collective bargaining agreement. Since that was the subject of this thread that you started, it seems like a pretty relevant subject, don't you think?

Do you think that Francis and his agent are just incredibly uninformed on NBA rules? Or, do you think that your source was just flat out wrong again?

I'd like to hear your explanation.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

TB, you are so full of it. You dont know sh$$!

10. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Are we gonna have new uni's starting this season? or for the following season when we move into the new arena? The sooner the better.

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

COME ON, TB...you can ignore people debunking your story if you like...but at least answer the question people asked most in this thread: who would be in his "group"?

Of course that might put you on the spot when one or more of them got traded.

Now when you say you were at the games where Ming played, what are you referring to? The Olympics? In that case, it was two years ago and we all know he lacked bulk. Or perhaps you were at the games he just played in?

I think some of us would like to believe you...if only your stories didn't lack so much substance....:(

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

It might be about time TroyBaros met the fate of Kobe8 with a new tagline. Either Kobe8's "Loser" or a new tagline of "Troll" would be good.

Lest he forget, most of the posters here aren't high school age or actually in high school. One look at the calendar proves that, as if the quality of most posters doesn't already.

13. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I find it ironic that he claims the majority of the posters are in high school when he writes like a 12 year old child.

Seriously, read a book once in awhile. There are amazing things called commas, paragraphs and periods.

Troy, GEDs are nothing to be ashamed of. Aim high my friend, aim high.

14. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Steve calls the shots and Ming has been told this.
    Incorrect

Steve can make any demands on what he wants and more than likely he will get them.
    Incorrect

You have no idea...

15. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

*SMACK*

Man that b**** slap sounded like it hurt.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Troy is legit, I think he is telling us what Francis has said.

He could be nicer to some folks, but not everyone around here is always nice.

:)

DaDakota

17. Doc Rocket

Steve's gonna stop the guys friends from flying on the planes this year!!
    Steve wants people in shape before training camp!!

Steve has told me this and many other things as well. Steve says lots of things..I'll just leave it at that...if Troy knows him, he'll know what I'm talking about...

I'm done with this thread...I'm irritated now!

#57 Doc Rocket, Jul 9, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2002
  18. Doc Rocket

...and I'm giving up Heroin and chocolate too! So, now I'm really irritated!!

19. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Heroin=mar1juana
    smooth like Chocolate=Odom

Doc, you devil you!:D

20. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Where is it that I questioned his Intelligence or negotiating skills?

My question was....

I have looked very carefully and do not see where I questioned Steve about anything. The questions were directed at YOU.

Will you answer or continue to hide behind your "rich and powerful friends" :rolleyes:

Again I ask for the reason why we must get rid of someone to sign Steve to the max when we were going to sign him to the max well before the draft and have not made ANY financial moves since. Where is the urgency??:confused:

PS Troy, act your age not your shoe size..

#60 Dennis2112, Jul 9, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.