1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Come on Everyone.... Cheer up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, Nov 11, 2009.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

This Rockets team is 4-3... think about it 4 wins and three loses. the teams we lost too.. Portland IN PORTLAND. Lakers AT home by in overtime, and Dallas (worst defeat.. we had them and up by 17..but dallas always plays good agianst us)

but also look at our wins... Goldenstate on backtoback after that horrible portland loss. then Portland at home (Pay back sucks :D ) then Utah IN UTAH, by 17 too. then oklahoma thunder at home by 12 (they beat the magic and almost beat the lakers too)

This is the beggining of the season people. we got a long ways to go.. i see positives here.. we will win tomorrow or tonight against memphis and move on. We had by far the Hardest schedule to start the season and we are 5-3 with out yao for the year and Tmac(who i believe will help this team become scary good)

if i had bar and everyone on clutchfans who believe in this were there. i would give shots to everyone!

if your a fan, then quit complaining and lets see this season unfold if your on the bandwagon and already decided to step off then you know what dont let the door hit you on the way out. and dont decide to come back when we do great and head to the playoffs with a good record..
    WE ARE RED NATION

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like this team, it has some holes in it, but overall they play hard and I love the team game.......

GO ROCKETS !

DD

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I love the team and with McGrady back we'll take them down.
    One at a time.

4. ibm

ibm Member

cheer up? i have not been down this whole season.

5. ibm

ibm Member

i assume by "them" you meant the opposing teams.

me worries more about taking down our own team, though. hope not...

6. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

then why dont you go look at what other people have been posting and saying.. just trying to set some people on reality of how good we have been doing

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Pretty much what Morey said. If we are .500 by mid-December...

[​IMG]

There, now ya'll can't accuse me of having D&D material in the GARM...Someone wanna photoshop Morey's head on there? On second thought, don't do it. It would only be the biggest jinx ever.

8. ibm

ibm Member

i know where you come from.

but there is no, and there should not be any, moral victories in pro sports, incl. the nba.

9. rockets_fanatic

When we win a game the attitude will turn back to how we don't need Tracy or yao and will win a Championship. Same every year.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Either way we are going somewhere.
    :rolleyes:

11. Hui

Hui Member

Those 3 loses are against teams that will most likely be in the playoffs. I hope Rockets can win a game against Lakers and Mavs next time.

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

We can see right through the holes from being up 17 to being down by 20.
    Yep most def. we need to feel them there holes.
    I blame TMac.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Better to be up by 17 and lose the game in the regular season than the playoffs. At least adjustments can be made before a game is played. Another plus side? The more games we lose, the more experience our young players will gain. With Adelman on our side, losing and winning makes our players that much better.

1 person likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun remind me. We lost by 40 in the last game of that series.

15. MattM

MattM Member

I knew it was bad news when dallas was shooting free throws off ticky tack in the second quarter.

It totally took us out of our rhythm.

We were in the penalty early in the second half - which added to their lead.

Vajayjay and Terry were hitting shots when they had a double digit cushion in the 4th - game over.

Overall not a terrible loss. I really believe the unwarranted whistles contributed to the collapse - Nobody wants to see the home team get run out of the building, right?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, it's not like last year's team, could have expected to fare better than 4-3 with this schedule. And it's not like good teams never get blown out. It's happened before to the 50-win teams from past seasons, too.

This team will be OK-- they are good, but not great. They, like most such teams, will beat up on the bottom feeders (with a few stumbles here and there), win most of their home games, but probably lose the majority vs. top teams on the road (and probably struggle when they are on the 2nd night of back to back and the opponent is not).

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone is ever down because for the first time in a long time, us fans have started with the lowest of low expectations. Usually we start every year believing "This is the year! It is time!" and the inevietable trainwreck that is Yao and T-Mac's health cause the season to go down the crapper during playoffs. This year no one rational expects this team to actually win (most of us accepted we can will anywhere between 30-45 games this year) so any victory against top teams is actually a huge happiness boost. It's kind of if we win HELL YEA and if we lose, RATS WE WILL GET YOU NEXT TIME! There is simply no expected way to easily win with half of your salary cap sitting in street clothes.

18. tested911

tested911 Member

My prediction before the season still stands.. .500 first 10 games.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I would love it if this board would take Adelman's advice... never get too high or too low... it's a looooooong season.

There's another game tonight so the team will survive. :)

20. v_sunny

v_sunny Member

Rick Adleman on Deke
    "I talked to him for 10 mins on the phone and didnt know what hes talking about."

lol. DD :eek: