1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POT LEGALIZED!!........in Breckenridge, Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RoxSqaud, Nov 5, 2009.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Drugs are bad. THINK OF THE CHILDREN PEOPLE.

Seriously if you honestly would allow your child to smoke pot (dont lie to yourselfs, be honest) then yea, youre right legalize it.

as if we dont have enough zombies living in our homes playing video games all day, walking around everywhere with ipods in their ears and texting. Heck Id bet most of these kids dont even notice whats going on around them, go ahead and add pot to the mix, we'd have a bunch of happy youths. This country is already going to S****, lets just sit back have and smoke our issues away.

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

You do realize that there has been a couple of generations of kids that have already gone through the cycle?

3. van chief

van chief Member

I am going to guess that wreck doesn't exactly feel our country is in the best place right now.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You need to do some research. mar1juana use among teens and adults is lower in the Netherlands than in the US.

Decriminalizing it would be ideal. Heck, it might even make it tougher for teens to get bud.

You would allow you child to drink once they are old enough, right? As long as you take care of business, I see no difference in drinking alcohol and smoking mar1juana. I know plenty of smart arse ppl who smoke.

5. showtang043

showtang043 Member

likewise, I am not a smoker myself, or a drinker even, but if both of thoseaffect your mind and judgement, just like mar1juana, but the other two have led to more deaths, why is the third one the only one that is illegal?

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bc mar1juana is worse than drinking and popping prescription pills :rolleyes:

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i know this is a rhetorical question, since we all know the gub'ment can't make money off of it, but I'm still shocked at how many people believe that mar1juana, because it's illegal, does immeasurable harm to your body, much worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

ah, propaganda.

8. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

Don't get the pansy hippies riled up.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wreck you are so right!

We need to ban Ipods, videogames and texting!

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

ah, irony.

11. YugoRocketsFan

You do realize that kids can get mar1juana easier than alcohol? If we legalized it and required IDs in stores, kids would less likely try it, think people honestly, you are against this drug because you are biased.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

Not true at all. Alcohol is everywhere. More kids drink alcohol than smoke weed.

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

How about any evidence at all that the psychoactive effects persist for longer than a few hours. You won't find any such evidence because this claim is simply a lie.

14. GladiatoRowdy

You are wrong.

15. GladiatoRowdy

Personally, I prefer highly regulated, like we have with alcohol and tobacco. Smart, tough regulation is the way to deal with the problems that come with drug use and abuse in society.

16. GladiatoRowdy

I AM thinking of the children. The reality of the situation is that kids report that they can get mar1juana more easily than alcohol, in fact as easily as cigarettes. In addition, it is a pure, hard fact that despite decades of a tolerance policy in Holland, Dutch teens are "among the lowest users of mar1juana" in Europe.

The children are the biggest reason that we need to regulate the trade in currently illegal drugs.

17. GladiatoRowdy

Would you like to engage in reasoned debate or are snarky comments all you can come up with on this topic?

18. GladiatoRowdy

But they report that it is easier to get mar1juana than alcohol. See the link I posted above.

19. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Doesn't mean it isn't easier to get. Think about it, whats easier, calling up a dealer or beating the no tolerance system??

20. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

So what? They can prove they're smarter than you?