1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dont KILL ME for saying this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dero72, Nov 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dero72

dero72 Member

Yea...so very simple.
    Says something about you that it took so long for you to 'get it'.

lord have mercy...another season in the GARM....

:rolleyes:

2. rockets2

rockets2 Member

3. MD_in_Training

Um, no. Usually, in the realm of logic and reason, the more vague a statement is, the more open it is to interpretation.

4. dero72

dero72 Member

5. dero72

dero72 Member

LOGIC AND REASON = 3-1

yep. it's true.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If we get Bosh,I want a guy who can defend on the low block, and rebound along with him. No need for Bargnani in that scenario,(not saying he is a bad player). I know Andrea can fit Adelman's system because of his spacing and he is getting better too,however we need a big guy to help Chuck on defense more than him IMO.

7. MD_in_Training

This has been addressed. Next please.

8. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Were doing fine just now. plus bosh can play defense. he is also an underrated rebounder.

9. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Well, you can say so when the shots are falling and when the defense is not play-off type. Remember suns?

But I won't blame you, Rox are now playing a very eye-pleasing style.

10. dero72

dero72 Member

Well, at least you can't claim ignorance, pal.

let's both keep living and see where it all shakes out in a month or so.

Let go of the 'was' and stop chasing the 'will be': embrace the 'is'.

Fluke or not, the 'is', is 3-1.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh common, there are so many factors to consider... Yao can get down the floor for someone his size and play in this system. He's not above it.

12. dero72

dero72 Member

playing in THIS system, Yao breaks his foot by All Star break.

hes too big.
    PHYSICS wont let him play this style night in, night out.

13. sw847

sw847 Member

lol a bit early isn't?

Also our guys tonight had a damn good shooting night, jazz on the other hand not so good.

It is the beginning of a new season and teams are all adjusting and trying to get into a groove. I think we will actually struggle without a go to guy as the season progresses.

In terms of whether the team is more fun to watch? yes yao was in the way.
    winning? no yao/tmac is critical for us to accomplish anything.

14. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I remember just last year we made it to the 2nd round..........I also remember the 22 win streak.

I swore during those times we had either T-mac or Yao in that lineup.

Were fun to watch but we would be foolish to say a healthy T-mac or healthy Yao wouldn't make us real contenders, especially in the playoffs when the game slows down.

If this Rocket group keeps up, i see no reason why Rockets have to stop running for T-mac or Yao. In about 3 weeks, we are going to see T-mac inserted in that lineup and I am more worried about T-mac fitting in than Yao, because T-mac traditionally has been a volume shooter and his defense is not better than Ariza or Shane (whoever he fills in for)

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Just saw this tweet from Ric Bucher about us: "Seriously, either tune in or get a tape of 4Q: This, not Ws, is small ball at its finest. Unselfish O, tenacious help D, team rebounding."

Also, Hollinger had tweeted earlier: "Most (only?) interesting game tonight: Houston vs. Houston kryptonite. If Rockets can beat nemesis Jazz, then we have to take them seriously"

Guys, our team is turning some heads.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

:) I didn't notice him in the game! Put the blindfold on I am ready and armed! :p

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of fun to watch - Phoenix Sun's style ball.

But don't think we need Yao. Tonight it worked, other nights it won't (like opening night).

We got blocked like crazy. We are out powered inside. You need an inside prescence in the playoffs.

Imagine how good we'll be WITH Yao - who can give us a dominating post prescence to create even more space....and you can still run with 4 guys especially after Yao blocks or changes the shot :)

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

This style of play can win a lot of games in the regular season, but it'll get destroyed in the playoffs where every possession is a battle. That's why you need Yao.

19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

What is the point of the thread?

You are not arguing that the Rockets are better without Yao, instead you claim that Yao can't play in this up tempo offense?

Well no ****, Chuck Hayes can't shoot, Ariza can't create, but i still love them, wait what am i arguing again?

20. quiet8302

quiet8302 Member

I agreed during the season without Yao it's going 2 be good but 2 win it all they need him in the playoffs 2 win. T-MAC with this team can only go 2 the maybe the 2nd round but they'll need YAO 2 win it all. :cool: