1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Yao lead us to that 22 win streak instead of Tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josephduyho03, Oct 25, 2009.

?

Instead of Tmac, can Yao lead us to that 22 win streak?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Definitely a good point. In years past, without Tmac, the Rockets were offensively inept at times because Yao was the only creator. However, last year, we had a capable guy in Ron Artest and the emergence of Aaron Brooks and Scola to take over the offensive load we missed from Mcgrady's absence, all the while still maintaining our defensive ability. And as we have seen from last year, sorry I don't have the time to pull up our record w/out TMac, but I'm certain we fared pretty well, well enough to make it into the 2nd round of the playoffs. One can only imagine how far the Rockets might have gone if Tmac was healthy...

2. albuster

albuster Member

McGrady led the Rockets and another team before that to flameouts in the first round. That is his legacy so far and that is a fact no matter how anyone spins it.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

McGrady and yao both are different. They both need each other. This team success is base on them two and the rest of the team. But I would say Tmac when healthy is the best guy to lead this team.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would not say total flameouts. I know it's useless to say but those were tight series.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

2 words

HELL

NO

6. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Nice try but a healthy Francis wasn't as good as a healthy T-Mac or even a pre-surgery T-Mac. I liked Steve but it is what it is...

Let's all wait and see what T-Mac does once he is back in the line-up.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

You think if we re-sign T-mac for the 2010-2011 season he'll LEAD us to the playoffs? If a healthy T-mac couldn't lead us past the first round of the playoffs for 3-4 seasons, what makes you think a gimpy T-mac could do any better?

You haven't even seen him play since his major surgery, chances are he won't be half the player he was.

If we resign him it's to be a veteran role player, similar to Grant Hill on the Suns, not the leader.

The fact is the Yao and T-mac experiment is over...they will never lead us to a championship unless we bring in a third player who's better than both of them.

#27 LCII, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

How many time has it happened before? Only ONCE! So the odds is against Yao, or anyone else for that matter.

It takes a lot of team work, good schedule, and a lot of luck to achieve what the Rockets has done, that's why it's the 2nd longest in league history. Any roster change probably would screw that streak.

9. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Man you're so right. At times I'm not too sure if Clutch's April Fool's joke this year was really a joke or not. Sometimes, I really do think that he merged t-mac.com and our beloved clutchfans and lumped all the posters together for some weird psych experiment LOL