1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any good PC games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Oct 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. th3tak3ov3r

th3tak3ov3r Member

2. th3tak3ov3r

th3tak3ov3r Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vOMuAhz6rE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vOMuAhz6rE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ya, I just found out about this. Haven't read about the game in a while. That's so crappy.

In another note, some buds and I need a 4th person who wants Border Lands on PC via steam to get in on the discount with us.

That game will be $33.75 via steam, if you purchase it with us in a 4 pack. Saving you roughly $10-$15.

Paypal will be used, since it is the most secure way to go.

If anyone is interested send me an email or hit me up on steam or xfire. (my signature).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#43 Uprising, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Aww man, you should have posted this earlier. I think it's too late for me to send in a ticket to cancel my single pre-order. I add myself to the CF steam group so hit me up if you want to play. My Steam name is Gr1MReapeRAK.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn. :eek:

Wish I did post it earlier, been meaning to post about it for the last 4 days or so. Crap.

Will hit you up on steam some time. :cool:

6. UberDork

UberDork Member

I recommend DCS: Black Shark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITrCeAau2_s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITrCeAau2_s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lock On and Il 2 Sturmovik 1946 are good also.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Friendly bump to my question.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hey guys I just got Elder Scrolls Oblivion. I remember you guys had a 20 something page thread about this game, and I'm wondering if any of you guys help me since i'm just starting out. Should I install the mods as soon as I can? and which mods are appropriate? any tips? thanks

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ok I don't get this.

How important is video memory for a video card?

Cause it says my video card has a video memory of 3072 MB. And when I look at the requirements for most recent games its higher than all of them.

but then people say that my video card is crap because of the brand: nvidia geforce 8200 mg.

are people just underestimating my video card?

or is the 3072 MB of video memory just useless?

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

ok i'm r****ded. forget my last post. that 3072 mb of memory is my ram's. i was reading a site all wrong.

12. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Video card memory is very important because it allows your game to run at higher resolutions and with larger (higher res) textures.

I don't think your video chip is good at all. From what I can tell it's an on-board laptop chip with shared memory. That basically means that there is no dedicated video card. Right now there is no video card that has over 3GB of memory (3072MB is roughly equivalent to 3GB) unless you're using a multi-GPU system. The estimated memory you're showing is probably the system memory rather than the video memory.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The answer to your question is more than likely "no". It doesn't mean you'll be able to play the game well. The minimum and recommended specs are on the Dragon Age website. From their forum :

Windows XP Minimum Specifications
    CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
    AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
    RAM: 1GB or more
    Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
    DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    20 GB HD space

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications
    CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
    AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
    RAM: 1.5 GB or more
    Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
    NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
    DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
    AMD Phenom II X3 Triple-Core 2.8 GHz or greater
    RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
    Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
    NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
    DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    20 GB HD space

14. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Fallout 3, as mentioned earlier, would be the perfect fix for ya. Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition

15. kona-

kona- Member

I play 1.6

In league as well. :D

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Okay... I just realized I have a sorry ass laptop and I can't play all the games I thought I could play. I've tried looking at other lower end games and I found some good rated games that I'm pretty sure I could play:

Puzzle Quest PC
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/puzzlequestchallengeofthewarlords
    Braid PC
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/braid
    and
    Plants vs Zombies

And I also think I could play that game recommended by RC Cola, King's Bounty.

So I will bump this thread and I hope people can find me similar games to the ones I listed in this post... but I don't want games with really bad graphics. I want colorful ones and not very old.

Thanks again.

17. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

Batman: Arkham Asylum is a very fun game

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Some games I haven't played yet, but would probably recommend:

Aztaka (part of my backlog):
    http://gamenorth.ca/2009/05/25/review-aztaka-pc/
    A 2D Action RPG. A bit of an oldschool feel.

Machinarium (want to get eventually):
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/machinarium?q=Machinarium
    More of a puzzle/adventure game though.

BTW, I always forget to mention Cave Story in threads like that. This might violate your "bad graphics" criteria, but the game is free and made by a single guy. Pretty good game, all things considered.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Thanks RC keep posting if you find out some more :)

I did my own extensive research, I will post the games here:

world of goo
    sid's pirates
    doom 3
    darwinia
    zuma's revenge
    gish
    psychonauts

so that list is for the underprivileged pc gamers like me. for people who have below average computers. there may not be a lot of you, but i know there are some of you. i researched those games and all of them came with great reviews. if any of you know some more pc friendly games feel free to post. actually these games are good for people who have laptops, for light gaming.

20. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Feel a bit like a broken record, but for cheap, older games that will run on a laptop, Freedom Force and it's sequel, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich are must plays; they're great hybrid action RPGs that can play like either Dungeon Siege, or Baldur's Gate, thanks to variable pause settings. Story, voice work and atmosphere are absolutely top notch, and I would easily put the first one in the top 5 of my favorite games of all time.

I can also vouch for World of Goo as well; picked it up during the Birthday sale last week, and it's very addicting; when they say OCD, they really mean it!

Planescape Torment that someone mentioned earlier is a totally lost gem; arguably the best of the Infinity Engine games, not exactly user friendly, but totally unique; one of the first (only?) times where dying is the only way to get ahead.

After loving Fallout 3, I'm also looking to eventually play the original Fallout/Fallout 2; obviously those will run on any current computer now, and from what I've heard, are exceptional.

Also check out AudioSurf on Steam; played the demo, and got pretty hooked; the concept is amazing, and there's basically infinite replayability.