1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ does H-Town's own Chamillionaire dirty

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by spdngyns69, Oct 20, 2009.

1. theimpossibles1

That is neither funny nor true. I would have to say Jordan is nicer by 100 times. Did MJ ever rush into a crowd of people and savagely attack a patron? No. They say the true test of one's character comes in moments of strife. Artest has gone from Sacramento, to Houston where he wins a playoff series, to defending champion LA. His career is going fantastically. Jordan is in the HOF, basketball career all but over, on the downslope of life.

2. theimpossibles1

Whoa there buddy! Just expressing my opinion. No need for the personal attacks.

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

lol.. no doubt..
    MJ:I ain't taking pictures with no n***as!!

MJ needs to lay off the juice!!

4. Asian Sensation

LOL just imagining Chapelle doing a script like that cracks me up.

5. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Artest never hit a teammate.

6. whatevar93

whatevar93 Member

You get to do these kind of things and get away with it, when you're the best player to ever play the game of basketball.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

He said nicer to fans, not a-holes that throw beers at you. By just taking inventory of accounts I've heard, the stories about Artest's fans meeting him are much, MUCH, better than Jordan's.

8. jackflag

jackflag Member

If someone threw a cup of beer at MJ he might actually murder them.

9. landryfan14

landryfan14 Member

MJ needs an ego check.

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

slim thug wouldn't do nothin'. the end.

11. kikimama

kikimama Member

and that person's family wouldn't care because he would give them life time of Nike Jordan's.

12. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's just part of the Jordan swag. Again, why does America need it's athletes to be so accessible? Because they lack any form of culture, so it's all about making celebrities as relateable as possible. MJ needs an ego check... are you kidding me? Have some shame as a fan when you're in the presence of greatness, in the presence of someone who's put in as many hours with as much passion as MJ did... all while your potbelly hangs over the edge of your couch and you silently critique a life you will never have the opportunity of living.

All these nobodies like Chamillionaire are borderline r****ded. Why Jordan should give a damn about them is beyond me.

13. Honey Bear

Jordan, like KG, is a guy who only has one intensity level. Kerr was slacking off in practice and Jordan slapped him to wake him up. He even had heated confrontations with Bill Cartwright. But that's how he made them better teammates. That's how he molded them into champions. Michael Jackson didn't become the best because his dad fed him cherries every time he made a dancing mistake.

You will never understand greatness, so don't try.

14. Honey Bear

For all the crybabies who don't understand the difference between winners and losers in that day and age:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jq6avQRL37Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jq6avQRL37Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Same argument I made for Kobe's demeanor on the court.

15. Honey Bear

http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=2062

When the grass is cut, the snakes will show. And you bet they'll be hiding behind a computer monitor.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ronny gets it yallz!

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

What you said has nothing to do with me agreeing with the media giving him a free pass and not a guy like Barry Bonds who is also great.

Hop off his tip ASAP.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i've always been a fan of chamillionaire and i like him even more now.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

Barry Bonds is not Michael Jordan. You think little kids in Moscow know who Barry Bonds was? Like someone said earlier, EVERYONE knows Michael Jordan. And globally speaking, Basketball >>>>>>>> Baseball

MJ was so precise about letting his life out into the public, Barry was not. I'm sure part of it has to do with the internet age since information flies across the globe in seconds, but MJ always protected his image. Kids who watched him will remember him flying over patrick ewing and getting kissed by Bugs Bunny. Only recently, after his retirement and the widespread use of the internet has his real identity been discovered. Its much harder to be a public figure than it used to be.

Barry Bonds never really hid his jerkish personality, and if he did, he did a terrible job of it.

20. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

I understand your point and no one said he had to take the picture, but he didn't have to a total dick about it either. It sounds like they were at a party with some pretty big names, so I doubt he had been hounded for many requests before Chamillionaire walked up. There's no excuse for being that big of a jerk.