1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodbye Langhi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Now that it's been mentioned, he really did look so herky-jerky on the court...

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

The funny thing is, from all indications he would be a star in the Chinese League. A less physical tall guy who can shoot? Working exclusively on fundamentals for awhile would also probably help his overall game.

If he doesn't make an NBA club, I really hope he considers a season in Shanghai...

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Damn, I really liked Collier.

4. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Never quite understood why we gave up Eduardo Najera for Langhi, but really couldn't have expected to much more from a 2nd rounder.

5. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I mean something more. A true farm system where teams can groom lower to mid-level talent in a structured enviroment. The NBDL is a joke.

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Au revoir Monsieur Langhi
    nous avons à peine su votre afro

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Htownhero--It's interesting that you mention the need for a farm system. I actually wrote my honors thesis in college a couple of years ago about that very topic. At the time, just after Isiah Thomas had bought the CBA, he proposed to turn the CBA from merely a developmental league (like it was then and the NBDL is now) into a true farm system. Unfortunately, a few months after I completed my thesis, that b*stard took the Indiana job and basically ruined the CBA. Eh, whatever. My hope is still that a true NBA farm system can develop in the next decade.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Seriously, the NBDL just started, it's only a year old. In time, with the continuing influx of foreign talent, and as good players who don't have the grades for college keep going undrafted, the NBDL will have more talent. Just give it a few years.

It's nice to see that Kyle Hill is gonna be there, he might be an interesting prospect.

9. Stevie Francis

it would suck if he ended up being really good on another team. if that ended up we would look like the astros when we gave up curt shilling.

10. german rocketfan

Hell yeah,****ing Langhi is gone,Williams and Willis with him and Tierre and Oscar will be resigned

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

So long Langhi, good luck else where. Torres has great defense but he needs to work on that shot and get it back to where it was begining of last season. Tiere, looked great last year. And Tito, well wait and see, i havent seen him play.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Langhi being gone is not a bad thing.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

NO it's not. Good luck to him else where, saves space for more players, to use position, will need another bench warmer though...

14. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

actually it's:
    "nous avons a peine VU votre afro":D

Did u see that K.Hill is also going to play?Trust me,for having seen him play here in France(French final,which his team won) i don't think this guy should get a spot on the roster.We got to much shot-first pass-second point guards.

ALA

15. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

In one of the summer league games in 2000 at the Rocky Mountain Revue- I saw Langhi shoot the lights out. He was a deft shooter that day, with great movement without the ball. He reminded me a lot of Reggie Miller- always moving, confusing defenses.

Good Luck Dan Langhi- I think you will still be a very good player down the road......

16. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Langhi should go to Europe for sure. The only problem is that there are a lot of guys who can shoot and jump over there. He might mix in there. In the preseason games, Dan never really fit in. He seemed out of place even when the ball was in his hands. Could it be that he was only a very good college player. Wonder what he would have done on Indiana, or UCLA or Duke or Oklahoma?

17. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The actual Chronicle lists the whole roster. I'll type it up for you guys-

G Tierre Brown
    G Dane Fife
    G Kyle Hill
    G Tito Maddox
    G Oscar Torres
    F Eddie Griffin
    F Fred Jonzen
    F Pete Mickeal
    F Terence Morris
    F Bostjan Nachbar
    C Jason Collier
    C Venson Hamilton
    C Ike Nwankwo

My thoughts:
    Good to see Griffin, Nachbar, Morris on the team. Hopefully, they can become a large part of our forwards. Hopefully, Collier will be productive in his minutes. Hamilton and Nwankwo are just extra guys. Not sure on Jonzen. The Chronicle has him as a forward, and 6-10 230.

I think it's clear that we're looking for a defensive minded 2, and hoping to pick one up cheap. Torres, Mickeal, and Fife all fill that role. Fife is a really smart player, which is definitely a good thing, and a tough defender. Mickeal was a flat out awesome defender at Cincinatti. His question marks are mainly on the offensive end, but IMO, he was the best perimeter defender in college 2 years ago.

Hill, Maddox, and Brown will compete for the 3rd string PG slot. My guess is Maddox would have the inside track, being the most talented, and the guy the Rockets spent their pick on.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WHO THE HELL IS DAN LANGHI?

Rocket River
    :D

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I thought the NBA farm system was called the LA Clippers...

20. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Rocket Fan,

I'm a Vandy grad...GOOD LUCK!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Langhi hook up with another team and have a decent NBA career. Like DaDakota said, it wasn't gonna happen in Houston.

Dallas Rocket