1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Braylon or Jacoby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fyreball, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Sorry for the double post, but also, obviously Jacoby isn't my ONLY steadfast comparison. Walter is JUST as worthy to add to the discussion as Jacoby, or any other Texan receiver not wearing #80. I just wanted to see where you guys stand as far as our depth at receiver is concerned in regards to Braylon.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

meh, thats not really that big of a deal...TO is a #1 receiver and he hasnt been able to be productive in Buffalo...and he, too, had a zero catch game. AJ only caught two balls last week.

You dont need to catch 10 balls a week to be a #1. Braylon definitely has the talent. He just needs a new team because Cleveland sucked. The year that Braylon went off happened to be the year that the Browns showed a semblance of a football team.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yes you're right. 2 catches for 66 yards though and that was only bc it was a blow out. He would have had more than 100 yards in a closer game imo.

And TO is past his prime. What's Edwards' excuse?

Plus, Braylon is not even a #1 anymore. Cotchery holds that title with the Jets. Either way, I prefer Walter over Edwards.

4. rezdawg

His excuse is he isnt even one of the top couple of guys targeted on pass plays. Obviously, the majority of the blame cant be placed on him. But, when the QB targets you 1 out of every 10 passing attempts (which was the case last week)...its hard to really do much.

Braylon is a 5th year player. Its not like he's dropped off talent wise or he is slower now or he is injured...its just blatantly clear that he needs a change of scenery. To think that he isnt a #1 receiver anymore based on his season stats is silly. The guy is an explosive 215 pounder with a 6'3" frame. He's always had issues with drops, but that doesnt make him any less of a threat.

The guy is a top 20 WR in the NFL...you cant be top 20 and not be considered #1 WR talent.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I agree with you that he is a top 20 WR on talent but NO WAY you can consider him a 20 WR right now. The guy was outperformed by Walter last season and so far this season and Kevin missed two games this year. He had one great year but has not constantly put up numbers to say he is a number 1 and if your saying its not him but the guys throwing him the ball well look at Andre Johnson's numbers while Carr was his QB. It blows his numbers away over there careers.

6. rezdawg

Well, Andre is all-pro...Im not about to say that Braylon is on Andre's level. But, thats not to diminish what Braylon brings to the table.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I really like the dynamic of the Jets squad so honestly now that he doesn't have to be the "GUY" I really think he will loosen up and get back to being a go to guy. I think a year from now he will be a top 20 guy with less drops.