1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ball Don't Lie] 10 Best Players of the Decade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ParaSolid, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Another crappy list

KG has absolutely no business being at #2. 1-3 has to be any combination of Duncan, Kobe and Shaq. All have 4 rings THIS DECADE.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

doesnt mean KG wasnt a beast. i think it's more of an individual ranking, not team. KG filled up the stat sheet EVERY night

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He was never the dominate player Timmy, Kobe, or Shaq was. KG filled up the stat sheet on some pretty bad teams. He was a damn good player, but never a dominate offensive player like most of the others on the list.

5. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

i agree whole-heartedly. this list is bunk

6. drumbum

drumbum Member

I personally think a player who has gotten the MVP 3 times in the past decade, Steve Nash, should be on that list.

If you're going to put guys like Iverson, and no offense, but even T-Mac on the list, where is Nash.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm not a big fan of KG over Kobe. Nor of Nowitzki over Shaq. Kind of odd how it was all ranked, especially because Kobe is an assassin and always delivers in the clutch, while KG defers and lets Pierce take over when it's winning time. The argument that Kobe is not as dominant as KG or TD because he isn't a big man is pretty weak at best.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what a shame that kd favors athletic players with or without rings.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

How is Lebron over Shaq, he has 4 titles and has 3 finals MVP's....Lebron belongs below Wade, given that Wade at least has a champion ship and a finals MVP......LBJ is so freaking overrated...

-rocketblaze

10. Htown57

Htown57 Member

Twice, not three times, but you're still probably right.

11. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I'd put Kobe Bryant at the top.. considering he is the "best" out of that group... possibly of all time behind MJ.

12. jae713

jae713 Member

How is Dirk and Kg over Shaq. BS list. :mad:

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Dirk above Shaq must be a joke. I hate Shaq, but he put up monster numbers in LA, in leading his team to 3 titles and playing sidekick to DWade for a 4th. I'd even put Shaq above Kobe.

1. Duncan
    2. Shaq
    3. Kobe

14. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I suspect Nash didn't make it because of his defence. Between Tracy, AI, and a few who missed the cut (Chris Paul, Peirce, Nash, Carter) there are likely arguments for or against them all. Tracy (although deserving) made the cut because KD knew cf.net would boost his readership ;) . AI's always good for controversy.

I'd put Kobe ahead of KG, Shaq higher, and Dirk lower. Hard to compare defence between different positional players. It gets really theoretical when you try to separate an individual from his team, and compare some combo of offence and defence for players that play different positions. Does a player look 'better' when his teammates make him better, or do his individual stats get padded when his teammates are poor?

15. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

WTH? T-Mac is not a ROCKETS! at least he WASN'T!

16. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

tinman fall in a faint

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think this list is based solely on individual performance like the numbers they put up. Team accomplishments like rings don't count. Looking at it that way, its fair.

18. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i agree with the post above. At first i was shocked, and after a little bit of though, it is pretty fair.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

That's one of the worst lists I've read

tmac above iverson? Dirk above shaq? Kobe below kg?

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I can't figure out how he decides who goes where on his lists. Shaq was the most dominant player on the planet for the first part of the decade but has declined since then so I guess he drops down the list. Ok, fine but then how do Wade and Lebron (who is ahead of Shaq) make it to the list when neither guy was even in the league for a big chunk of the decade? I can't even figure out what he was smoking when Dirk placed that high on the list. So Nash isn't there despite winning two MVPs but Dirk is at #4 when he only has one (and neither guy has a ring)?

I also don't think you can put McGrady ahead of AI. Say what you want but the guy has played through injury, won an MVP and carried a team to the Finals that started Eric Snow. What the hell has McGrady done to come in ahead of that except drop some serious stats for two years on mediocre teams that got dropped in the first round?

Duncan, Shaq and Kobe are the top 3 guys. KG definitely follows right behind those guys and after that it's a toss up.