1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Nachbar and Bench Mobley!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kobe8, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Col. Crap

Col. Crap Member

aargh...phew...bad idea...aargh...bleh
    Smells like crap!

2. Col. Crap

Col. Crap Member

(but I do like Nachbar)

3. german rocketfan

Ok,this is my starting lineup for the first 41 games:

C-Cato
    F-Taylor
    F-Rice
    G-Mobley
    G-Francis

We have to play Nachbar and Ming from the benc,that we can see how they fit in.It gives us more experience in the lineup.Of course,we can change the lineup from gme to game,but we should take Cato and Rice over Ming and Nachbar (in the first half of the season!).

I would change the lineup after halftime of the season:
    C-Ming
    F-Taylor
    F-Nachbar
    G-Mobley
    G-Francis

I see Griffin as a perfect 6th man.He should backup the 4 and 5,Moochie the 1 & 2 and Rice the 3 and he also gets PT at the 2.
    If we want to go big with the lineup,run:
    C-Ming
    F-Taylor
    F-Nachbar
    G-Rice
    G-Francis

Wanna go small:
    C-Griffin
    F-Taylor
    F-Mobley
    G-Francis
    G-Norris

GRF

4. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Why is it that when someone doesn't agree with us that person becomes a dumb ass. Or what he says is stupid. We are here to express our opinions not cuss out people that don't agree with us. It is the same with the players if we don't like them they become worthless pieces of trash. It is not the way to treat people. Let's have fun and express our opinions without the name calling.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Man, there's several thing wrong with this. 1.) .Cuttino was the best outside shooter on our team last season, and he could very well be this season too. He outscored his opponents by at least three points per game on the average. So, if he's a bad defender, the majority of other NBA shooting guards either must be terrible defenders also or Cuttino is just THAT good of an offensive player. 2.) Griffin is really a power forward. We could force him to play small forward if we don't want him to be as effective. 3.) You've never really seen Nachbar play. 4.) I have heard no indication of Nachbar playing shooting guard. He sounds like a perfectly ideal small forward. 5.) What kind of Rocket fan calls himself Kobe? I'll tell you, a TROLL!

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

This thread is a joke. :rolleyes:

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

:confused: :confused:

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thank you WinkFan. That's about where I said "no" to this thread.

... until now, that is. :)

9. JAG

JAG Member

Agree with a lot of what you say here, Cat, except I'm not convinced Mobley is an average defensive player.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You do not bench the teams leading scorer in order to start an unproven rookie.

I think Cat and Francis are the back bones of the team for now, you need them in there with Nachbar, and Ming and KT/Mo, and THEN you will see how good this team can be.

DaDakota

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Esp when you saying Mobley's Defense is suspect. . .when almost ALL EURO's defense is suspect. . . we have NO reason to thinkg Nachbar will be any different.

Rocket RIver
    :rolleyes:

12. tozai

tozai Member

Thanks for using some reason...I can't believe this dumb post got this many replies. People should just laugh at him for such an absurd statement. Yeah...let's bench our top scorer who is one of the top 10 SG's in the league and UNDERRATED for a rookie who isn't as good and hasn't proven a thing. It'd be nice to have Nachbar start at the 3 and provide back-up at the 2, but Mobley is part of our nucleus. I hate when people b**** about him jacking up a bunch of shots, being selfish and having no defense. His defense is decent, he is only "selfish" on the court because there weren't many people to pass to who would've done better than himself one-on-one, and his stats match up pretty closely with ANY of the top 10 SG's...

Anyways people forget about how horrible Cat is when he carries the team and lights up any and every other SG in the L

13. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I knew this thread was going to blow when I saw the thread starter was Kobe8.

:rolleyes:

Is it November yet?

#33 Drewdog, Jul 2, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2002
  14. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

And another thing:

Is Catchme the same person as Kobe8?

15. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Better be glad he said it before I did. This site has attracted some huge idiots with crazy ideas.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You read my mind, I was wondering the same thing.

<b>And another thing:

Is Catchme the same person as Kobe8?</b>

I was wondering that to Drewdog. Considering Catchme just started an account last month, and has only made 6 posts, and responded to Kobe8's thread a mere 3 minutes after he posted it agreeing with him, I think he's suspect at best.

#36 RocksMillenium, Jul 2, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2002
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is a classic Troll maneuver. Two friends (or the same person) start a flame war thread and agree with each other at the outset.

Don't feed the trolls. If you think it is a trolling fisherman looking for suckers at the bottom of bbs boredom; it probably is.

You guys might find it interesting to know that Dr of Dunk has found people in Usenet groups consipiring to lauch threads just like this.

"Go to Clutchcity.net and start a hate thread and watch the bbs blow up. You'll probably get kicked off, but it is fun."

I've seen a post just like that.

<b>Trolls are not mythological creatures.</b> Please no further responses....Notice these 14yr kids are not even responding to us. They are laughing...guaranteed...don't let 14yrs do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Okay answer this question for me.. And it is just a question so dont start blowing up and acting like little children with the name calling. Most of you feel that Ming should start, but he is just as unproven as Nachbar, I actually agree with these guys when they say Cutino should be coming of the bench. I agree he is a gifted scorer but thats all I can justify either way until I see different my mind is made up about that. Seriously some of you guys need to chill, Ive been watching this board for a couple years now and I am familiar with the regulars names and thoughts. You guys dont even give people with different ideas/opinions a chance to populate this board so we can have some constructive discussions. It makes to be a very generic board to be on at times. But whats the difference in starting an unproven Ming as Compared to an unproven Nachbar?

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't remember anybody here saying Ming should start. In fact, a lot of people think that Cato will start until Ming takes the job away. Ming can't win it during the preseason because he gets here only 2 weeks before the season starts. So your logic in judging our opinios is wrong. If Cuttino shouldn't start, how come Rudy doesn't bench him? How come basketball analyst havn't said that, how come sports writers, even Blinebury, who is the most critical of everybody, has never said that Cuttino shouldn't start? Why were teams like Toronto and Orlando looking to sign Mobley to a big contract? You can have an opinion, but opinions can be wrong and in this case, people who think Mobley should be on the bench are definately wrong.

20. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

u85, the difference is in the guys they'd be replacing. Cato has been a consistent underachiever since he's been here (mostly consistent, anyway ;) ) Cuttino, as has been said, is the team's leading scorer. Sure if the Rockets start Yao, there's certainly no guarantee he'll perform. But benching a mediocre center makes much more sense than benching one of the top-scoring guards in the league for an unproven rookie. I'm excited about Nachbar, but Yao was drafted #1 for a reason. We're talking about a guy whom we could conceivably run the offense through in time. I respect that people have different opinions, but frankly, I'm in full agreement with the regulars here who scoff at this proposal.