1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what's the word on C-Rog?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, May 24, 2000.

Tags:
  1. JR

JR Contributing Member

There seemed to be some speculation as the season wound down that Carlos might not return. Personally I loved what he brought to the table when healthy -- very active on the boards, able to score without having plays run for him. He reminded me a lot of Camby in stretches. Do any of the insiders know what the Rockets are thinking here? Maybe he's too injury-prone, but i think he could fit in real well next year . . .

------------------

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I also like Los and hope he isn't dealt.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

3. davo

davo Contributing Member

'Los Cause

I wasn't very impressed with Carlos to be honest. He continually dissapointed me just when I thought he was showing promise. He gets pushed around in the paint because he is so lean and has very little offense. I love his attitude and desire, and that may be enough for Rudy to keep him, but If we get our hands on a decent PF this offseason, I think he will be gone.

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

4. Jerry Maguire

Jerry Maguire Member

The Rox are very concerned about his injuries especially the concussion toward the end of the seaon. It seems like his heart is stronger then his body. Too many injuries mounting up, look for him to be gone in one form or another.

------------------

5. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Carlos was a nice surprise and at one point it was rummored that there were many teams out there inquiring about him but the rox decided not to move him , the guy did have some nice runs though and he showed why he was a somewhat high draft pick (remember that game against Utah ? ) but the guy did have some major bad luck specially towards the end when he had that thumb injury but lets face it , he can run the floor well and was very good around the basket and would always seem to be able to sneak in there for the put back and at times when the oportunity was there he showed he could get to the basket in a heartbeat (I recall one perticular play in wish he was left alone on the top of the key..right side... and he just took a couple of bounces and slammed that ball w/power , the defense did not have time to blink .. he moved quick ) .

I can see why the rox would be concearned and to tell you the truth he probably could be included on a good deal but this is the kind of player Rudy seems to love ... lots of heart no question about it but it seems his body just can't keep up.... sux for him.

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He needs to workout with Karl Malone this offseason. So far he's looking like a 6'11" Brent Price.

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious."

-Faith No More

7. TraJ

TraJ Member

I've never quite looked at in that light before Freak and, I must say, I don't think I want to do it again. [​IMG]

------------------

8. DaneB

DaneB Member

I think we should do the same thing to him, that the Pacers did with Croschere. Croschere was always struggling with injuries, until he hit the weight room and worked his butt off. Now look at him. I really think that Los could do the same. Hopefully he can talk Cato into joining him.