1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This just blew my mind...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Oct 2, 2009.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I really like the cover of the song from Battlestar Galactica.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wfub-LbOmk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wfub-LbOmk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And I believe Rappin' 4-Tay sampled it for their 1994 global smash-hit "The Playaz Club."

6. Fatty FatBastard

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Fatty,

Outside of the obvious similarities, I've been looking for the face behind that voice forever. Heck, never even heard of 4 non blondes until your post...so thanks for that.

I like to know more about that song What's going on (or is it What's up) by 4 non blondes. I mean, that is either a total ripoff or some kind of homage to the song Don't worry be happy or Bobby McFerrin.

And I suggest homage because I've certainly used that (copying a couple of familiar measures) to set a mood of a song, and quite frankly, I wasn't surprise at all when I heard 4 non blondes ended the song the same way.

:)

8. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

My mind was blown when I found out Britney wanted to if you seek amy. :eek:

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Isn't this the case for every song ever pretty much?

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Another great version that may have slipped notice

Dave Mason:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjzbX4vjXhA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjzbX4vjXhA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In fact I would highly suggest that you young'uns maybe do a Youtube survey of Dave Mason. He's probably one of the most overlooked artist of the heyday of rock. He's an outstanding lyricist.

#30 Dubious, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

[​IMG]

NO

12. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

It was in Guitar Hero 1. Bob Dylan version is the best.

13. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

haha!! i'm horrible with lyrics (usually make my own up) but even i knew this one!! but i love that song and album. :D glad you had the ah-ha moment!!

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

All Along the Watchtower and Hey Joe are songs Hendrix covered that I seriously doubt many people think of their original versions when you mention the songs.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

"Young people" built Google.

And Google knows everything.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What did you think it was? Soar over Canada? :D

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Neil Young does a good version of this song...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVAS8mYDB_E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVAS8mYDB_E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>