1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe trained with Olajuwon

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by M0J032, Sep 27, 2009.

1. 523744

523744 Member

nvm maybe he is lol

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't see how this is going to help Kobe much. He was always been a student of the game so it isn't like Dream could have shown him anything new. Not to mention, most of Dream's moves are not going to help Kobe much since he will be posting up 15 feet from the basket. The guy is too small (even for a wing player) to be very effective posting up close to the rim.

I think if Dream was able to teach Kobe anything useful it was more about the mental part of the game and when to use the moves in reaction to the defender. Dream had great footwork and agility but the thing that set him apart from other great post players was his natural ability to counter his defender's position and get himself open even in tight spots down low. I'm not sure how much of that can be taught although if anyone can learn it Kobe can.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From the video i saw Kobe seemed interested in spin moves and fakes around the rim. Kobe's done that baseline Dream spin before, but i guess he thought it needed more work.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kobe's always been a great post up player. He has that jordan-esque turn around fadeaway and that post fall away shot... it's just beautiful. He already has the footwork to go along with it. I think Cabbage said it best in the other thread about Kobe and Jordan. Olajuwon helping out Kobe will just make him better on his post up, which is pretty scary to say.

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Chris Bosh could learn a lot from Hakeem, i think he's mobile enough to play a similar style.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

[​IMG]

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Funny sentence...

Like Olajuwon, Thabeet is also from the Continent of Africa.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Seems like he's willing to help anyone who ask, my question is why haven't the rockets put him on the payroll yet?

9. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Forever linked at the hip like Magic and Bird!!!!! Dern those puppets!!!

Good foresight by KB24 knowing that athleticism fleets in the 30s, he's gearing up for mid range and low post assassin to round out his last 5 years of All-Star status!!! I approve this superior notion by KB...while other sult in anger....

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EF3Q8hqWspA&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EF3Q8hqWspA&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

didn't know it could be confused with something else called Africa...

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Man I both Hate Kobe but respect his commitment to the game,and hs eagerness to stay on top, if only McGrady had the same devotion to the game of basketball...specially given McGrady's Height and Length, he could totally get a post game to add another dimension to his game (6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan).... but again different levels of commitment b/t him and kobe......

-rocketblaze

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I keep thinking about this when Hakeem and Kobe are mentioned together. :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBofxJw-LU8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBofxJw-LU8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Hakeem wasn't facing Bryant. If Battier was there, he would have boxed him out. :)

What that Sam Mack in the background?

14. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Kobe is a true student of the game. He is a 4 time NBA champion and one of the best players of all time. He's a villian to some because he's so damn good. Any one ous would love to have him as a Rocket. Even the haters.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The guy is worth a huge amount of money from real estate deals. I don't think he needs the cash or wants to commit the time.

16. bruceree

bruceree Member

the essence of kobe's work ethic, and plus the fact he knows his legs aren't as explosive as before so he needs to add another skillset.

17. showtang043

showtang043 Member

yea love him or hate him, kobe gets scrutiny for many things, you have to respect his approach to the game, he wants to win and is willing to put the work ethic, sacrifice, time, and commitment to it...I remember larry brown said all young players should watch kobe bryant and his focus and mentality in approaching the game when they grow up

some people call him a bad teammate, I call him a demanding teammate, the media doesn't publicize much, but if you search youll find evidence of the contrary like how he taught sasha how to study video take to be a better defender and he helped rockets here, ariza's shooting :

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bryant-ariza-gasol-2464110-lakers-jackson

I am a fan of his, my brother despises the guy, everything hedoes gets twisted in a negative way, but out of respect for hakeem even this story you just gotta give him props on, hes a different breed while other stars, ahem ahem, are making movies and commercials when they still have shaky jumpshots to work on...(had to do it)