1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you have a Wii? Do you play it? What do you play?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RudyTBag, Sep 24, 2009.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

It's funny because the Wii had such a strong 1st year software-wise, and then it just totally fell off.

The price drop isn't enough for me to snag it. Maybe if it was down to 150 and the games for it that I'm interested in were already out.

If I were to get it, it'd be for some of the VC titles(mostly N64 stuff), Punch Out, Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Tales of Symphonia 2, and the upcoming(hopefully) releases of Dragon Quest 10, and Tales of Graces. Mostly just the last two.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have it, and I do play it. I also play my 360, and computer games. I play tennis, and bowling, as well as some of the newer resort games like Archery, wakeboarding, frisbee, etc.

Mostly though I do the Wii Active, and also a little bit of wii fit.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

my kids play it a lot. my older boy has become a huge boxing fan at 9 years old thanks to Super Punch Out. :D

and we had gamecube before, so we still play those games.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I have a Wii.

The Wii games I really got into and played a ton are Trauma Center: New Blood, RE4 (best of all the versions), Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Sports Resort. Okami is fantastic on the Wii too, especially if you haven't played the PS2 version already. SBB is also a very good one, and the Gamecube version of Mario Strikers is one of my favorite co-op games of all time.

And I haven't even really touched Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, any of the Metroid games, or any of the recent Zelda games yet... everyone seems to love all those, all of which are serious, lengthy one-player games.

Soooo... while I agree with the prevailing opinion that if I had to choose one of the three systems it wouldn't be the Wii... there are definitely some way cool games on Wii. You just have to know which ones they are.

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend the PS3 to someone looking to choose between all the systems. I get the most use out of my PS3 by far.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I used to have a PS2 and I played the hell out of all the sports games. I was one of those guys who actually did my own rosters for NCAA Football. Once I got married, I just didn’t have the time to do it anymore, so I gave it to my nephew.

We went to a party where someone had a Wii and we had a blast playing GH, bowling, archery, etc. So my wife got me one for my b-day last year. I would’ve preferred a PS3 but I dare not tell her that..

I made the mistake of buying an NBA game for the Wii thinking it would be like the regular version only to find out that you couldn’t even make trades on the damn thing. I couldn’t even find a way to get Artest on the Rockets, so I never played it again. That’s when I realized that my serious gaming days were over forever.

Now, we have several games but GHWT and Tiger Woods 10 are the only ones I play on a regular basis. And I usually don’t play it a whole lot unless we have company or I’m really bored. My wife uses the Wii Fit every day.

I’m hearing good things about Punch Out. That may be my next purchase, as boxing on the sports game is kind of lame.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I still play it but I mostly play the ports I buy from the Wii store. California Games rocks. :D

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yaeh, it's a lot of fun. particularly if you enjoyed playing it as a kid.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'd probably play my Wii more if my girlfriend was willing to play with me. Unfortunately, she doesn't like having fun.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Comparing the Wii to a PS3/360 is a little unfair, imho. They are VERY different products with different target demographics. If you're a serious gamer and will play for hours at a time, the PS3/360 is for you. If you're an occasional gamer who wants to play more "group" or "party" games, then the Wii is just the thing.

It's a bit like comparing a Ford Mustang to a minivan. The Ford will get you from point A to point B with a lot of flash and speed. But when it's time to haul your three kids to a soccer game with all their equipment, the minivan is your saving grace. One is not BETTER than the other, they just have different uses.

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

We got our wii for my wife - she has Active for it. I have Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart. I haven't played any of my games (PS3 included) in some time though.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We love it, play boom blox, and Wii Resort lately.

But the best thing is that it can handle all the old Game Cube games, so you can get some amazing games for like $5 a piece at GameStop.

DD

12. droxford

droxford Member

^ I completely agree.

We play the Wii daily. We're all addicted to Animal Crossing: City Folk, which is more like a hobby than a game. We also have been playing Lego Star Wars recently.

I must say, however, that I HIGHLY recommend soft-mod'ing your Wii and getting bootleg games. I can't imagine paying full price for all 27 of the games we own. And once your wii is mod'ed, you can play dvd's on it, run emulators on it, or use it to play video clips and backed-up movies. You can also plug a USB hard drive into the Wii, have all your games on the drive as iso images, and run the games from there, not having to deal with disks.

13. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

Yeah I have not played the wii in a long time...probably a couple of months, my 5 year old daughter plays it..so yeah they are different sytems...thinking of buying the ps3 now that it came down on price..

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

the wii is a complementary system. you gotta have a ps3 or xbox to go with it. that being said, just got wii sport resort and punchout. both are fun.

as mentioned, i only have fun with it when people are fun.......the womenfolk seem to love it more than any other console ive ever owned, so thats always a plus

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Kinda funny when you think that's the best thing about it and you can nab a Gamecube for like 25-30 bucks.

Oh, and I love my Gamecube btw.