1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Yao = $$$ For Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Jun 30, 2002.

1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Feigan-
    Do you think Ming will front Shaq? Does Nachbar remind you more of Tom Chambers or Kiki?

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

ha...You're asking questions as if he really visited ...er, nevermind.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That is EXACTLY what I thought too. Normally, journalists will define something like a website unless they assume it is commonly recognized. Really cool.

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

You don't think he is going to reply? :D

5. lovethisgametoo

So is ClutchCity.net the best BBS for Rockets fans? Are there other sites that are (not) as good but are worthwhile visiting??

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

No need to go anywhere else. Nothing else compares,

7. lovethisgametoo

-------------------
    No need to go anywhere else. Nothing else compares,
    -------------------

I did one time went to rockets at ESPN.com and were not excisted at all...

8. x34

x34 Member

Just got in and read the Chron story...how sweet is THAT blurb?

CC.net rocks...end of story...

9. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Now if Rudy can make Yao MIng into a real star, the Houston world will be rocking.

10. Stevie Francis

yeah that would be awsome if we got people from all over the world posting hee. It would be weirs if yao ming himself decided to become a member here too.

11. ScreamingRocketJet

It made the newspaper and tv down here (Australia) and the nba draft never gets press here.

My wife reads the asian press...and it was in all those also.

Yao will be bigger than Hakeem ever was in terms of making the Houston Rockets a world wide name.

If he does do well...does that mean we are all going to be like life long Bulls fan, you know 'the pre Jordan ones"? :eek:

ie, every man and his dog supported the Bulls during Jordan's reign...and thus no one believed the lifer's were any more than bandwagoners!!

Maybe I'll need a t-shirt that says "12 years before Ming came...I was with the Rockets":D

12. Dm324

Dm324 Member

man thats really cool

13. Stevie Francis

i need too learn how to spell.

14. timm

timm Member

ITs cool.I live in \taiwan..and the press here's been getting more NBA draft footage (actually inch columns!!) than ever before. But seeing Clutchcity.net in the chron article was special.

I have been to quite a few sports web sites...but nothing compares with Clutchcity..in terms of a single team fan site. Over the year I have also realized that the site does bring in the true rocks fan..(occasionally with a Troll or two!!). Hvaing said that this site does provide the tow sides of every discussion....

Pro-Ming, Anti Ming...
    Pro steve, anti steve.
    Pro-Rudy, anti Rudy

except anti TRG..everything is a two sided discussion here..and thats why I love this board!!

15. Holden

Holden Member

I am Emmit Smith. (Visa Commercial)
    I am Tiger Woods. (Nike Commercial)
    I am John Feigan. (Clutch BBS Commercial)

:(

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Dudes, you have to learn Media Relations 101. The first thing to do when you know you're talking to a reporter (and you know Feigen is reading this thread, for the same reason you are -- to see yourself talked about) is to start planting story ideas.

Here's one: As sabirk mentioned above, this article makes it look like the decision to draft Yao was in the bag for non-basketball reasons well before Rudy and CD had gone to China and seen Yao work out. Hell, probably before they had seen much video of him. Was it? Exactly how much research had they done into Yao by the time this meeting was held, and how explicitly did the meeting make clear that the Rockets were going to pick Yao?

18. Dwightman

Dwightman Contributing Member

But if I remember correctly from an earlier article, the Rockets had been scouting Ming (along with every other NBA team) at least since the 2000 Olympics. I would say that over the years, they had gathered more information on Ming than CD and Rudy did on their trip to China.

Dwight

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

BOOYAAH! It's nice to get some pub! Clutch deserves this after the years of hardwork and money he has put into Cltuchcity.net. No doubt about it, this is the #1 fan page, and maybe even sports page, PERIOD! :)

20. Old School

Old School Member

That's not true. The Rockets had already sent scouts over there during the season...long before the lottery pick. Plus, Rudy saw him first hand during the Olympics.

os