1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

losing my religion.......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Landlord Landry, Jul 3, 2009.

1. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear, LL ... you and your family will be in my prayers. I hope all of you are able to find strength in each other.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I’m real sorry to hear this LL. You and your family will definitely be in our prayers.

Life often throws really bad things at really good people and it can be VERY difficult trying to understand why. My wife and I lost our child in January of this year and frankly I’m still struggling with this concept. I guess the only positive that can possibly come from something like this is that you learn to NEVER take life for granted again. Life is SO precious. That whole ‘it could never happen to me’ mantra is out the window forever. And it SHOULD be.

For everyone in this thread, PLEASE never take life or the relationships with the ones that you love for granted. It could all be gone tomorrow. Again, our prayers are with you, LL.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Thoughts, prayers and good feelings out to you LL, and again some your way as well Ima... and I intend not to lose sight of the lessons. Thanks for sharing in such difficult times.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Landlord,

I am so sorry for your family.

If your sister is still up for it, recording a series of videos for her daughter would be great to have.

Have her tell her daughter her thoughts on what to expect from life etc at different ages....maybe to be played back as she gets older.

I have two boys, and am in tears typing this, but I can not imagine growing up without a mom or dad....and having some recording of her might give her daughter more than the few memories she will have at such a young age.

Again, my prayers are with you and your family.

DD

5. droxford

droxford Member

Great idea there.

Very sad to hear about your sister, LL. Feel like I should say something else, but don't have the words.

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Condolences and Best wishes LL.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Thoughts and prayers to you, your family and most importantly, your sister.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

your family and sister will be in my prayers.

I'm very sorry and my only advise is.....you need to be the rock. the solid ground.

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

man... that sucks .. really sorry to hear this LL ..

i almost choked after reading your post. my grandfather passed away this day last year and i am yet to recover from that.. i completely understand how you might be feeling now. stay strong.

make sure that your sister is surrounded by people she loves... always.

10. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Your family is in my prayers (St. Jude specifically)

11. right1

right1 Member

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't really have much guidance, or words of advice to offer to you in such a difficult time, but in my short 26 years on this Earth, I have seen people rise to their best when things are seemingly at their worst. Never forget that even though you don't know the large majority of us on this board personally, we are a family here, and as a family, we are all pulling for you.

13. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

This always seems to help me...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

God Bless

14. Convictedstupid

Im so sorry Landry.. Life is such a b****. Thank God your sister has people like you in her life.

My prayers and condolences.

15. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

My thoughts are with you LL. I know you will stay strong for your family.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Landry,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I have two brothers and a sister and one of my worst fears is one of them dying. Her little girl is really lucky to have an uncle like you to step in and take care of her.

17. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Landry, theres really nothing I can add to what others have said but you're in my prayers man. Be strong and try to stay upbeat as much as possible. :(