1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its Time 2 Support T-mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mjharleem22, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Exactly how I feel. As long as their jersey says Rockets on it........although I do wish it'd say HOUSTON :eek:

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What?

A ball hog is a person who takes shots away from other people despite being in a statistically worse position to take them. McGrady consistantly gets the ball in the right place, in the right matchup, at the right time.

And whats with your sig? You are actually waiting for one of our players to fail so you can bask in it? Jesus, what kind of person are you?

3. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Quoted for TRUTH!!!

4. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

It's possible for somebody not to be a ball-hog and be selfish, I don't think it works vice versa though.

I'll use an example....LeBron James is selfish....Yes, he's a great passer, defender, basketball player in general, but I would say he's selfish. He seems to be a tool that cares more about money than he does about winning, I obviously could be wrong because I am speculating, but I am just saying.

5. ThaBlackKnight

NBA teams don't plan their defense for Kyle Lowery and Carl Landry.

They plan their defense to stop Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady as a priority.

Thus you see teams front, sandwich, or double/triple Yao a majority of the time

You will also see teams constantly having help wherever Tmac is on the court.

Even though he may not attack the basket, he still draws the defense, and makes passes to our bigs for layups.

He, like any star in this league constantly sees 2-3 defensive players looking at him wherever he is at in a half court set.

Lebron is stronger and faster, thus he gets to the basket.

Pierce is stronger as well.

Wade is quicker and smaller, so he can beat the double teams before the get there

Kobe has a great jumper and is trigger happy himself. Plus he plays in the triangle which doesn't allow defenses to focus on him...the same way Phil used it for Jordan.

Tmac in his prime, when he was healthy, got to the rim alot. But with injuries and lack of creators on the team, defenses basically zone up and give Tmac the jumper...

there are only 24 seconds on a shot clock. Also, if he's forcing the issue, people are gonna say he's a ball hog then...so what exactly would yall like for him to do?? He makes the right play.

If you are talking about fast break 3's, I understand that completely, that irritates me too, but in the half court, he makes the right play.

Tmac is not selfish and he isn't a ball hog either...JVG asked him to handle the ball 90% of the time...he can't help that.

When Yao went down, RA told tmac the same thing...we had to if we wanted a chance to win...we didn't have the players to run his offense. Dikembe Mutombo aint Vlade Divac, Rafer can't shoot like Bibby, and Battier can't dribble or move without the ball.

I guess he'll never be able to please some people in Houston...

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all about how much Tracy has left......recognizing that.....and having him fill a role .We need efficiency out of him.

...and yes he IS playing for a contract among other things.

Then we have healthy options....

Have 20 mil towards the cap

A deal at the deadline

I'd wager we're satisfied when the dealins done.......courtesy of Morey.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so he cares more about the money than winning? yet lebron has had the will to improve his game every year so he can just win a damn championship? no one played better than he did last yr, and no one took losing as hard as he did last year.

and yet he's selfish.

selfish and ballhog ARE THE SAME THING. if you're selfish, you only care about yourself and stats, thus you take a lot of shots to get those stats (hence zach randolph is a good example of a selfish player who only cares about stats).

neither lebron or tracy are selfish or ballhogs.

you say tracy is a ballhog? and yet he passes to the likes of hayes/bowens/heads more than anyone who have played with those guys. a ballhog wouldn't even look their way.

you say tracy is selfish? and yet he has played through injuries for most of his time in houston.

you may say tracy is "cocky" or egotistical, but again, he's not selfish nor a ballhog.

8. BizzleRocket

BizzleRocket Member

I never said T-Mac was a ballhog, I said he was selfish and he is. Playing through injuries makes him unselfish? More like makes him an idiot, Who cares if you play through injuries, if you are just going to play like a soft little girl out there who runs away from contact?

Isiah Thomas was tough, because he played through injuries and even with the injuries he would play against physical contact, something Tracy is afraid of.

But, whatever makes you sleep at night, T-Mac failing will only make my dream sweeter.

9. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I agree with most of it. I just hate those chucked up 3s when our big guys are not even in position.

10. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

11. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Drew07's wack 'cause he's been smokin' crack.

13. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

no he's not, i think the biggest thing t-mac lacked last year was a consistent attack to the basket. he couldnt really do that because of the kneww, so he relied to much on the jum shot which in turn made it easier for other teams to take him out of the game, and plus he is gaining a lot of confidence as well. this is the stuff he lacked last year

14. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

but yall or both wack 4 that

15. quiet8302

quiet8302 Member

I'm gonna support him if he's a rocket or if he is traded. He will always be my favorite player no matter what. #3 will be a beast in 09-10.

16. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

im sorry but i still dont understand how you put pics on here, i guess its where im trying to get it from thats wrong

17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Go to imageshack.us, upload a picture and then copy & paste one of the hotlinks given to you at the bottom.

18. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Agreed... One more chance.. I will say this. I was there for the press conference when he signed. I was out of this world excited when we got him. But after a few seasons I started to think that it was more about him instead of the team. Especially the times that it has seemed that he gave up on the team.

Saying that. I hope that he will turn a corner and prove the doubters wrong this year. That would be sweet. It is just sad that in the back of a lot of our heads we will be thinking is this just about a contract year or does he care about the team..

On that note.. One hell of a Texans game!1111

Go Texans!!

Go Rox!!!

19. Raven

Raven Member

Team before players, every single day of the week. Since I no longer think the Rockets are better with Tracy, I want him gone. Didn't the Portland series show us that much, at least?

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I will show him cautious support. He needs to regain the fans' trust again, and the best way to do that is to show us he makes this team better when he's on the court.