1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do when everything goes wrong?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Air Langhi:

You sound depressed. You might want to seek therapy.

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

one doesn't.. because one can't.. as that's not what I was implying.. the post was an outright apology.. not a deflection of responsibility..

I was aware of intentionally setting the videos to autoplay, obviously.. I wasn't, however, aware of doing three in one night.. for some reason I could only remember doing the "birthday" thread and the one displayed here.. I had completely forgotten about the Eddie Van Halen video.. I was quite sleep deprived at the time..

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

awesome! this one got the posters attention this time. I'm glad to have contributed!

on topic- my company posted an ad on craigslist and put the reply email to my email address....

my inbox was flooded with over 100 emails in a 24 hour period.

there were applicants with Masters Degrees applying for a part time job that pays $15 an hour.

getting only one or two job offers is putting you in the 95 percentile of the other job applicants...

4. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

You will look back at this time and realize it was the age that defined you.

The Cream always rises, so take the next opportunity you get and pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

No one gives you anything in this world, you gotta suck it up and bring the wood. Treat everyday like it is your last.

If you walked into a cancer ward and told everyone there - "The good news is we cured your cancer, the bad news is that you have all lost your jobs, girlfriends/boyfriends and cars" No one would even hear the part about the bad news.

5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

There is an art to getting a job. I know first hand because it took me 5 months to finding one. Best advice I can give you is......

1.Make sure your resume and cover letter are top notch!! Make sure you have three great references, call them prior to sending the resume because they WILL call them.
    2.Pick three companies you would LOVE to work for.
    3.Go to their website or wikipedia and learn EVERYTHING about them.
    4.Find out who the hiring/Hr mgr/District mgr etc. Someone with the POWER to hire you.
    5.Find out this person's email address
    6.Send them an email, introducing yourself and how you would love the opportunity to work for a world class company, make sure to FORCE an interview by following the email up with a personal phone call or in person visit.
    7. Go to youtube and type in Brian Krueger interview tips...he has like 50 short videos with great interview tips.
    8. Dress to impress, make sure you look like your taking Megan Fox on a date to the opera. Make a personal checklist from head to toe. Make sure you wear a suit......something dark, black is best with a nice tie....orange, green or red. Simple is best
    9.Once the interview is established, take it to another level.....print out ANYTHING you can show them on paper, such as personal achievements, awards, letters of recommendation, previous accomplishments anything you can give them in their hands. Make sure you give a firm handshake, smile alot and look them in the eyes.
    10. Folllow up the interview with a thank you letter, 24 hours after the interview, try to remember something specific during the interview you can highlight, and reiterate your eagerness to work for a world class company :D

Good luck,