1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moreys take on next years free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phi slam jam, Sep 7, 2009.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

the george ming references never get old.

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

People in here seem to run into Morey a lot. I don't ever recalling people posting threads about their run ins with Carol Dawson when he was the gm.

3. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

No idea about the story, sounds plausible enough as saying Bosh's name is in no way against the rules. But I do know that there was a HOB event a few weeks ago for potential season ticket purchasers. I got the invite since I do group buys.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You mean in all the times you've talked to him in private?

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

He can't mention other players under contract directly when it comes to potentially getting them.

He can tell us what he loves about Bosh's game, Lebron's game. But he can't say, I want him to be on our team. He can't even say we are trying to get him.

It's tampering and he can only comment after the league approves the trade. Hence why it took 3 months to introduce Ron last offseason because he had to wait for Greene to be eligible to be traded in a package...

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I'd rather have Scola at PF than Bosh, no thanks

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bosh is younger and will get better.
    Scola is older but will soon start to decline.

If you have an opportunity to get Bosh you take it.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Is Bosh a max contract guy?

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would the Rockets go after Chris Bosh when they have Luis (I know he isn't under contract next year) and Yao Ming? That makes no sense at all unless you plan on not resigning Luis.

If the Rockets are looking for a max player... they should look at the 2 guard spot first...

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have you ever signed an all-star free agent?

have you ever signed an all-star free agent, on weed?

[​IMG]

11. phi slam jam

phi slam jam Member

it was a season tix sales event. both morey and worrell were there. heres the copy of the evite.

Come be a part of our Team
    The Houston Rockets
    are holding exclusive try outs
    for new business partners
    Thursday, August 6th
    House of Blues
    6:00 - 9:00PM
    in the Bronze Peacock Room

and we did smoke some kush together. oh and somehow moochie was there. weird.

12. Ketchup&Mustard

This is an excellent response to the thread. I'm still not sure if Morey would ever consider signing T-Mac again though. Even if we were able (and wanted to) to resign Mac for a short-term contract for a fair price, I'm not sure if Morey, or TMac for that matter, would go for it.

Next summer, I do agree it's highly unlikely we will sign an all star free agent like Chris Bosh and throw around big money just to get a big name. Les may be the financier, but he can't "Jerry Jones" it anymore with Morey as GM. Don't get me wrong, Les will always have influence on personnel choices since he pays the bills, but he trusts Morey and he knows Morey won't squander his money just for the sake of making a splash next year. Who knows what Morey will do. But I do know that he will make a well calculated move(s) pursuing a balance between financial prudence and acquisition of talent. Just like he always has. Maybe he will make more medium risk/high reward favored acquisitions like he did with Ariza. Or who knows, maybe he will go for a big fish...but if he does, it won't be the biggest one in the pond because he's realistic and has never been a fan of putting all of his eggs in one basket.

Regardless of what happens, we all know this...Morey plays Chess while most other GMs play checkers (or if you don't like that one...Morey is playing Texas Hold em while all the other GMs are at the roulette table).

13. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

WINNER of the "MY FAVORITE POST OF THE DAY" Award :D

14. joesr

joesr Member

would be nice to have two of my favorite players playing together

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

DWade or bust.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Possibly two of the most ridiculous things I have read in GARM this summer.

The chances of Ariza becoming an All Star are about as good as Brooks becoming a top 3 NBA PG. Regardless of what Tmac looks like when he comes back I can assure you he won't be playing "sidekick" to a 9ppg scorer who might, must might bump his average up to 12ppg this season.

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

We need a dynamic 2 or 3, if were getting one of those on top of chris bosh then im all for it but if not, its ridiculous were solid at the 4 and theyre not getting rid of yao, it would make no sense

18. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

mcgrady on one leg is a better player than ariza will ever be...i liked not re signing artest, but think ariza's potential has been totally overstated on the garm