1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Concerns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Timing, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Timing

Timing Member

Now that all of the red tape stuff is presumably out of the way, I'm surprised nobody is really bringing up actual basketball concerns like the probability of injury with this guy. Yao's being required to play in so many international tournaments in addition to a full NBA season and hopefully the playoffs has to seriously increase that possibility that he'll be injured. We've seen with our NBA players how fatigued they are after an NBA season and national team competitions just during 1 year but Yao is apparently going to be required to do this every season. Not to mention NBA players are more muscular than Yao and play a much longer and more grueling schedule than what's played in the CBA. I guess we had to agree to all of these national team stipulations but after 2/3 years of doing this non-stop what kind of player are we going to have on our hands? There's not much we can do about this unless Yao defects which I have to believe will become more and more likely the longer he's here.

The second concern I really have is how he's going to fit on this team. It's pretty well agreed by most on this board that Steve and Cat are dumb players that are mostly about themselves. I found Cat's comment kind of funny about how Yao just needs to "fit in". Sounds to me like Cat is already trying to set aside his shot attempts. Will Steve and Cat sacrifice themselves for Yao's development and the team's improvement?