1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will the rookies effect our image/attitude?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Jun 27, 2002.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I don't know exactly when it happened, but much to my chagrin, sometime in the last few years, especially after Hakeem bailed, the stigma (and reality) that defines this team has become style over substance. Steve Francis is literally the poster child for the NBA's youth movement of showboating, isolation, and streetball.

I don't know about you, but I'm not very fond of that image.

My question is this: with Eddie Griffin in place, who's certainly not a showboat, and now Yao and Nachbar along, will our image (and attitude) as a whole improve? I think we have a pretty good mix.

High energy, flambouyant types - Francis, Mobley, Norris, Taylor
    Quiet, veteran types - Wizard, Rice
    Brooding, worklike types - Thomas, Griffin, Cato, Morris
    Humble, energetic types - Ming, Nachbar, Torres(?)
    Towel waving, TV watching types - Langhi, Collier

:)

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

TAYLOR? I cannot say he comes off as Flambouyant

Rocket River

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah... he was the last one I added, cause I could decide where to put him... he seems a lot more high energy OFF the court than on... but eh.... this is as much an offcourt thing as an oncourt issue...

:)

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

"Towel waving, TV watching types - Langhi, Collier "

Langhi will not be waving towels for the Rockets any longer. Collier has a stronghold on that specific area.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Langhi strikes me more as the Coatstand, Air-Guitar Playing Type.

you mean like will the <i>image</i> of Cuttino blowing by defenders at will <i>improve</i> when defenders can no longer collapse on him. Yes, I agree.

you mean like will the <i>image</i> of Francis cutting around Ming for backdoor, backboard-slapping alley-oop dunks <i>improve</i> our fan <i>attitude</i>. Yes, I agree.

6. cson

cson Contributing Member

Dream's aside, I'm glad our organization is finally jumping into the 21st century NBA game...and with both feet no less!

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know about you guys, but seeing the "flamboyance" of Francis and Mobley reminds me more of kids having fun than of poster children for the new "gangsta" NBA. They are 2 emotional guys who have fun when they play. IMHO, I hope our current players, and our new players, rub off on eachother a little bit. Nachbar already looks like the perfect mix. The guy is definately flamboyant, just watch some of his video. Hopefully, Ming will look a little more happy when he's here. Francis and Mobley have work ethic, they just need to control their emotions a little, which I think they already have. Remember all the techs francis got for hanging on the rim. Then he promised to not get one the whole year. Wait, oops, how in the hell did steve rack up 12 techs this year?