1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Marshall Makes a Mockery Out of Practice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shaud, Aug 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I blame TO for this whole "WR acts like a spoiled brat and pouts when he doesn't get his way" epidemic.

Marshall is an alleged wife-beater as well.

Scumbag.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

What a dumbass.

Does he really think he's going to make a team want to trade for him by pulling stunts like this? He's going to end up on the streets with no paycheck by the end of the season. Mcdaniels probably is a jerk but that doesn't mean you give up on the team. They are in for a LONG season.

I'm also going to guess that we can add Marshall to the list of future former NFL players that are bankrupt. If he's that stupid on the field I can't imagine what he's like off of it.

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

"Don't blame TO, its all my fault"

Signed,

T-Mac

1 person likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have been a Bronco fan for a long time, my Pops was a kicker on the Broncos. I can't relate in any way to this new regime they will put out this year...Players and coaches included...

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

But this has nothing to do with TO. TO might start **** in the locker room and bring drama with him, but you know he is going to perform on the field and in practice. Brandon is just being a jackass and is going to end up on the outside looking in.

Other teams understand contract disputes, but they expect players to be professional. Not treat the league as a joke. It is a shame because Brandon has talent, but he doesn't have it all upstairs.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, man, I'm glad the Texans aren't trying to copy THIS version of the Broncos.

Love your sig, btw.

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Sigh. It's going to be a LONG year. At least we will have the first pick in the draft.

Wait, we what? For a second rounder so we could draft a midget CB?

Nevermind...

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

This is worse than T.O. because T.O. at least gives 100% on the field. He just makes noise in the locker room.

They just announced on ESPN News that the Broncos have suspended Brandon Marshall.

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I agree, the guy is trying too hard to be TO Version 2.0. He needs to grow up.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3653&sn=t

The Broncos have suspended WR Brandon Marshall for conduct detrimental to the team.

It's unknown right now how long Marshall will be suspended for, but the maximum is four games under the collective bargaining agreement. The talented but disgruntled wide receiver was ridiculously unprofessional during practice Wednesday. Marshall accepted responsibility for his immaturity Thursday night, but it looks like it's too little, too late.

12. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

The ironic think is that Josh McDaniel is cleaning up the mess that Shanahan left for him. The more ironic thing is that Brandon was on NFL Network about a month ago saying that Shanahan was too soft on players, allowing people to miss practice, come in late, etc. while Josh is cracking the whip.

Don't forget Shanahan was so crazy he signed Maurice Clarett with a #3. I think that he had a team that was built on a faulty foundation and Josh is going to have to fix it.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He signed a contract he should live up to it.

DD

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

No kidding? Who?

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

They're saying it's just for the rest of the pre-season. Big whoop.

16. fmp087

fmp087 Member

So, this suspension is without pay ... right?

17. DreamRoxCoogFan

Thats a huge overgeneralization. TO may be a drama queen, but he brings it on the field. I've never seen him punting balls in practice.

Also, TO didn't invent the whole WR prima donna complex, he just happens to be the best example today.

Marshall should get his bell rung by teammates in practice. I know if I were on his team, I wouldn't put up with his antics while the rest of us are out there busting our behinds.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

When did wide receivers start becoming known for this type of acting then?

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I just don't understand how grown men who act like this can go home to their families and friends, and not feel like they're letting them down, even just a little bit. Is there no such thing as dignity anymore? The "man" is playing a game where he's getting paid millions upon millions of dollars, and instead of waking up thinking "ok, I might not be in the best situation, but I'm gonna suck it up, and give 100%" he goes out there and makes a complete ass of himself, and then expects the team to give in to his idiotic demands. This guy is scum, and I really hope the Broncos keep him suspended, AND don't trade him. Let him rot on the bench all year, all while he doesn't get paid.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Michael Irvin loved him some attention.