1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy: Hero or Fool?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Clutch, if this guy works for the Rockets, you should get him fired.

Oh nevermind, I have an 'ignore' list. Whoo hooo!

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Wow!! Another great and useless thread brought to you by "Mr. Insider" (or so he thinks he is), TroyBaros!

:rolleyes

The only fool that I see here is the thread starter of this lame thread.

Someone please close this thread as it brings nothing to the board.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Exactly. Here we are hating on Francis, when TroyBarros is the one that is an idiot.

Troy face it, you dont have any inside info. You post crap that is common sense to most people.

Rudy will be fired if we dotn make the playoffs. Well whoopity damn doo. What kind of a scoop is that. My dead grandmother could make that prediction.

4. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I'll echo what RocketsPimp said...Troy has a right to give his opinion...it's a real possibility that what he says may be true. But he shouldn't give his opinion like an @$$...we're all adults here (for the most part).

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Oh, good grief, cry me a freakin' river! Call the wah-bulance!

Admit it, Troy. You were wrong. Be a man and admit it. When people here doubted you, you told them they could choke on it.

To come in here and be a doomsday predictor makes you look even more foolish. Don't be bitter. Be honest. We all make mistakes.

Now, we find out that Francis called Mobley to say that he was impressed with Yao after seeing the video and told him to watch it too. Yeah, he's bolting and the Rockets are going to suck.

My eyes have just about rolled out of my head at this point so I'll simply leave it at that. Talk about no knowing when to quit. Sheesh.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I am so glad Clutch didn't shut down this thread. It's instructive. Once upon a time, there was a towel boy named TroyBaros who came to the BBS pissing on Yao Ming and ended up pissing on the Rockets. He hated so much that when what he hated and what he loved came together, he chose to hate them both. Don't hate Troy. Pity him.

7. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I have to pee! :D

Stand still and close your eyes Troy, there's a long line behind me!

8. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Hahah nobodys bitter Barkley said it best Mings gonna have problems...
    By the way any of you guys realize the question the ask Ming about if he knew any players on the Rockets....

All he could say was Steve Francis in a commercial.......

Kinda ironic when Rudy and Cd come back from China and state that MING ask how Maurice taylor was doing on his conditioning...

But yet when asked about who he knew was on the team could only think of one....

PRAY FRANCIS SIGNS AN EXTENSION....................

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Can we leave the thread open yet ban TroyBaros forever?

Man, I'd be whupping up on this kid so hard if Ivan Drago hadn't killed me.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Since Tim Duncan went #1, sow me a rookie that hasn't struggled their rookie yr. Its part of going from 1 level to the next. He will have his problems against certain players or teams, but he will also have his share of victories. Evereyone is wrong at some point, just be a man and admit your predictions are wrong. Its true player win championships, especially great players, but organiztions have to draft players that might turn into great or good players. If Francis will get mad for trading Cato, then he can go too because he hasn't exactlt led the Rockets to the promised land anyway. Just admit it like a man or run like a mouse.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I want a piece of Troy. You want a piece of Troy. Everybody wants a piece of Troy. My advice: Ignore him. Insider or not, he's still acting like a troll, even in defeat. If you ignore him, his pleas for attention will fall on deaf ears. Eventually, he'll get the picture and either 1) shape up or 2) ship out. Don't shove coal in the furnace.

To quote rockHEAD in another thread...

... Please don't feed the trolls...

That is all.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Just my opinion but I think a guy like TroyBaros makes this place interesting. How's your testosterone level doing, guys? Let the guy be passionate about his position without crucifying him whether right or wrong.

Go Troy!

BTW, I see Ming on the All-Rookie team . . . . with Jay Williams as ROY. It's easier to shine on the outside-- less dirty play.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Troy:

You are like a gnat on a camping trip. I have no doubt you know some players. Doesn't give you any sort of authority to say how Yao will play. You have put yourself in the unfortunate position of rooting against his success and thus the success of your so called friends. I guarantee you your friends are not in the same position. You have been an ass on this board, you keep digging yourself a bigger hole and the only way you can claim any legitimacy is if (a) Yao IS a bust (and if you care at all about the Rockets OR Francis, you should be hoping he isn't) or if (b) Francis doesn't re-sign (which you seem to hope he won't and which proves you're not a Rockets fan). This would be a great time to say that you heard what you heard, it turned out not to come true and you hope the best for Ming and for your friend Stevie. I promise you that either Steve's about to hope the best for Ming, both publicly AND privately or that if he doesn't his value in this league will diminish tremendously. I give him the credit I think he deserves. I think he wants to win and wants his team to win more than he wants to have been right. That is why I remain his fan. You are nothing but a groupie and a pathetic one at that. And you have given up your right to root for this team. It's a shame. You could have been a valued asset and a friend to this board. You chose instead to be a troll. Go away.

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I second that reqest.

15. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Yeah, TB, I'm real sure Francis is going to follow Cato to the Filipino league after the rockets give up on him. He and Kelvin are probably out playing mini-golf this evening and, after they watch Friday 13th movies tonight in the upstairs bedroom of their parents house, are going go-cart racing tomorrow and then having a pizza party with Terrence Morris and Chris Wilcox at Chuckie Cheese on Friday. I'm sorry you didn't get invited. Maybe if you dip Cato's hand in warm water when he's asleep, stevie will like you more and invite you to his birthday party.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

duhhhh...Troy who?

Seriously,

Well said Batman, I couldn't say it better..so I'll just say "Ditto"

Guys,
    I've been around usenet for a few years and if there's one thing we get there REAL OFTEN, it's trolls. I've found the best way to deal with them is:

1) Just ignore them and they go away eventually.

2) Don't bother with "Troll-Away", it dosn't seem to work as well as advertised.

;)

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

18. RigoRocket

RigoRocket Contributing Member

I can't believe he is quoting Barkley... Barkley clearly knew nothing about Ming... can't see the similarities to Olajuwon!? All his plays on the video were some derivative of an Olajuwon move. This is also the same Barkley that predicted Nets in 7.

I for one would like to see this thread go on. It's going to be fun flogging all the Ming haters over the course of the next year.

19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow Troy,

I think you have set the record for hole digging on this BBS.

We patiently read your posts and I think its safe to say your credibility is zero.

z e r o .

However, I do get good laughs from your posts.

20. hpscc

hpscc Member

TB - Do you consider yourself a better judge of talent then Rudy and CD? If you do, please explain why. If not, it makes sense to defer to their judgement on Ming's ability until people who aren't paid to judge talent have had some time to watch Ming in the NBA.